Product Review in the Blog

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
I want to thank David for taking time to do a product review which can be seen on the front page of the blog. I bring this up in the General Forum as I know many just hit the forum, but wanted to especially thank David for is contribution I think it was very well done.

David did a nice job with some support from Bruno. Thanks guys!

Yeah, it was extremely thorough and professional!

Thank you for the kind words...it's easy to accomplish something when you enjoy the process!!!

In response to the review, Albie raised a legitimate question about the tippet. Bioline and Green Tackle were not only kind enough to respond in person, but did so within hours of my email to them! Kudos to them for their prompt response to PAFF! Head over to the blog to read thier input.

BUMP.. and a quick question for david..

It reads..
"I am excited to take some of this to Erie for steelhead this year where it has not been uncommon for me to break off 20+ times in a day."

Just curious.. If your breaking off 20 times, what is your setup?

Thanks for the follow-up David. I think its important to get the diameter issue right out in the open. As long as everyone is aware, they can consider the implications for their own fishing.

Streamer wrote:
"I am excited to take some of this to Erie for steelhead this year where it has not been uncommon for me to break off 20+ times in a day."

Just curious.. If your breaking off 20 times, what is your setup?

Typically a 0X - 3X for most situations...I'll go smaller if warranted, but it's rare. I'll usually start 2X and adjust from there. I'm just notorious for fishing too hard...trying to make the drifts too close to structure as well as not retying after a fish or two has scraped up the tippet. That shale is pretty unforgiving.
That's why I was excited...I won't have to feel as bad for knowingly repeating my same mistakes.

Albie...I agree and thank you for the pertinent challenge.

Back