My week

Chaz

Chaz

Here are some photos I shot over the last week. Enjoy!

One more.

Look at the head on that brook trout!!! that is so sweet!!! nice photos!!!!!

Nice pictures that provide a timely reminder, if my eyes do not deceive me, that it is getting near that time of year where we need to be careful where we wade on our wild brown and native brook trout streams.

I remember the days that stream ran black with coal dust. Good to see it's making a comeback.

I just don't wade during the spawn, there is no need, except to cross a stream. there is still a lot of coal dust on the stream bed.
As for the LS it is coming back, but it does have temperature issues. The fish are there, but you have to know where they are. Not sure if the brown was a wild fish though I am pretty sure it was, the brookies are all wild, the 1 with the big head and pointed jaw was the biggest I've caught this year and pushing 14 inches. I caught only 1 sub-legal trout in the last week, and that was a small bow of about 6 inches.

Not surprised by the brookies, but that's a nice brown! I'm struggling trying to place your picture. Seems like you must have been above the railroad tunnel. Makes me want to pay a visit.

Great pictures of what looks like an incredible week of fishing and good company! Thanks for sharing. :-D

That last brookie looks like a pike!

I thought the same thing. Essox fontanalis maybe??

I think he looks like an old geezer with no teeth. Me thinks he's seen some hooks before.

Nice brown and nicer brookie. Never been there before, flows look good.

Beautiful, no wonder we love the sport.

Back