Lost Haven

CaptMatt

CaptMatt

Well it finally happened, this morning my wife walks in "my fishing room" and announces that the pictures are coming down and my fly tying desk has to be moved to the living room. Now I get to tie flies and listen to "Friends" on TBS in addition to a few reality shows that drive me nuts! Shows I used to avoid at all costs by tying flies. We are expecting a baby in Oct and I just lost my fishing room to winnie the pooh. I guess this is all part of the process :)

Congratulations on losing your tying room! :p

Congrats Captain! The wife and I are gonna start trying soon, but I have a buffer zone for now. I don't lose my tying room until we decide whether we are gonna have one or 2. :-D I hate the reality shows, but the wife beat me down years ago on the friends thing. She has all 10 seasons on dvd, and I think over the years I've seen them all. Actually a fairly funny show. Those reality shows really blow, though. How many different ways can you make a bunch of sappy people cry? Seriously, every friggin one of those show is like "so, tell us how your dead mother would feel about your winning this show........". Then they focus in real close so you don't miss a tear. Dang vultures. Sorry, I'm ranting, but did I mention I don't like reality shows? Congrats again Matt!

Boyer

MattBoyer wrote:
Congrats Captain! The wife and I are gonna start trying soon, but I have a buffer zone for now. I don't lose my tying room until we decide whether we are gonna have one or 2.

I predict you loose it anyway. :lol:

Thanks for the congrats guys!

CaptMatt,

Congratulations, You will not have time to tie anyway, unless it is between midnight and 4 am. Who needs sleep anyway?? Start working on the shadow box of flies to hang in the baby’s room as a gift to the new bundle of joy or build a fly rod and mount on the wall and don’t forget the mother’s gift to give your wife on the day of the birth and make it special (They deserve it). Try and make as many Doctor’s visits as you can. I had the opportunity to be with Amy at every Doctor’s appointment with both Chloe and Logan and loved the time I spend with my wife during those Doctor visits. Again a Big Congratulation!!!!

Joe E.

Congrats Matt...I've been reduced to a corner of the storage area next to the water heater...I had a 9' x 9' room in the full basement I remodeled to "get the kids out of the family room" I had a lot of trouble keeping the wife from using it as a storage area. Then one of my daughters wanted her own room so I moved my teenage son down into my lair. Come to think of it I have not even tied a fly in my new spot. I now carry my stuff in the car.

Captn,

The kids are a lot of work for the first 3-4 years, but they make up for it by being darn cute. Before you know it you'll be teaching them to fish. Congrats!

Congratulations Cap.

Maurice wrote:
I now carry my stuff in the car.

Well I always have my boat. That may be the last domain of freedom where I have complete control. :lol:

Jo E, yea man I hear that. I haven’t missed a doctors visit yet. This entire time is actually a lot of fun. Those ultra sounds are unbelievable.

Matthew,

It will all get better when you move to Idaho. After he gets here, you'll forget all about the fishing room and have him casting to redfish by the age of two. By the way buddy, the Baby Crouse fly has now changed to the Baby Crouse Series. You're gonna love them. She didn't move my picture out of the fishing room did she? Draw the line if she tries to do that. :lol:

guttrap wrote:
Matthew,

It will all get better when you move to Idaho. After he gets here, you'll forget all about the fishing room and have him casting to redfish by the age of two. By the way buddy, the Baby Crouse fly has now changed to the Baby Crouse Series. You're gonna love them. She didn't move my picture out of the fishing room did she? Draw the line if she tries to do that. :lol:

Smitty! Your still on the wall bud. She knows not to cross that line. :lol:

Im still waiting for those in the mail!

Get your knee healed up because we have some hiking to do and you know where I'm talkin about.

It's pretty good today brother. I'm ready and I'll be there my man. Hey, did you ever figure out my interesting catch the other night. Two in one cast, you got to admit that's pretty cool.

Yea I sent you an email today but you must not have got it. I said that the first fish took the first fly and shortly there after the second hit but because of the slack in the dropper while fighting the first you never felt the other hit. Or something like that.

Yeah, I got that one. It sounds reasonable. I thought about it and I was thinking it would have had to been a serious coinicidence to have them both hit at the exact same time.

congrats matt! mattboyer i predict you lose that room anyways also. ive lost mine twice and i dont even have a kid! but i have regained power in my little cornor of the apartment. you think that boat is under your control.
heres what i have learned in 3 yrs of marriage:

99.4 percent of everything that goes wrong or right - my fault
.4 percent of everything that goes right - her fault
.2 percent of everything that goes wrong- other people

and

whats hers is hers and whats mine is hers!

HA! just kidding. good luck matt and teach that kid right. respect the resource and C&R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha :-D

Gotta have C&R bro, but its hard to convince others of it. My kid will fully understand its importance. Uncle Guttrap though may steer him in the wrong direction but the kid, under his guidance will be able to roll cast a country mile. :lol:

guttrap wrote:
Yeah, I got that one. It sounds reasonable. I thought about it and I was thinking it would have had to been a serious coinicidence to have them both hit at the exact same time.

I've heard of it happening. My buddy out west and I were talking about it. Actually of all people, my Dad had that happen once out in Jackson!

once in keen lake in wayne county(my wifes family has a cabin off of the lake and a boat) her uncle was fishing a rubber worm and i was fishing a white woolly bugger. well a bass hit his worm (about 9 inches) another bass hit the 9inch bass. this caused the worm to fly in the air and land in front of another bass which proptly ate it! the really funny thing is this all took place near my bugger and the fish that hit the 9 inch bass took my bugger! had 3 strikes and landed 2 fish in two casts.

Hey,

I've only kept five this year. They were all stockies. I never keep natives or wild trout.

I know you dont buddy. Did ya catch em on minnows? ha ha ha

Back