Last night at an undisclosed location...

JG63

JG63

http://youtu.be/S9UK9ZPPJD4

Sometimes the fish win - music composed and played by me, everything else done on the iPhone.

Hmmm soundtrack died on last clip - will edit and repost! Sometimes smartphone ain't so smart 8^\

tried the link, it said video is private

SORRY ALL. - correct link is here:

http://youtu.be/HCIdcTA93NY

Never seen anyone on that stream before this video. Hopefully I still won't after.

pm sent

Gone_Phishin wrote:
Never seen anyone on that stream before this video. Hopefully I still won't after.

You can say that again. Looks like our hidden jem, is not so hidden anymore. Bummer.

Phish_On wrote:
Gone_Phishin wrote:

You can say that again. Looks like our hidden jem, is not so hidden anymore. Bummer.

That wasn't your line he was picking up, was it? :)

I thought I had one stream a little bit more to myself than I actually did. One winter (February) day, while fishing it, I found a day-glo green bobber stuck in the tree. Another weekend in April, I fished it Saturday AM; passed two guys on their way in, and a buddy of mine told me he was there hiking with his boys Sunday and he passed a guy on the way in and way out.. There are no secret streams. Only slightly less fished ones..

out of pure curiosity, what is the purpose of this post and video? i am sincerely curious.

Well at the risk of getting more hate mail, let me say this: I've been fishing this stream since 1974 when I was old enough to ride my Schwinn Typhoon over to some decent holding water. It fished MUCH better back then. I've never laid claim to it though especially since it is open water and does get stocked even today. Our local CV spring creeks have far more issues than angling pressure (water table fluctuations, road runoff, poor agriculture practices, no till farming, bank erosion, blue herons 24/7 etc.). Still, to call it a "jem" (gem maybe?) is to pretty much subject it to more pressure than a video which would only be recognizable to a few. I will keep my videos more vague in future so as not to PO anyone (unless I'm at Allenberry or The Paradise when all bets are off). As for the point(s) of the vid:

Sometimes the fish win
Quality is not determined by quantitiy
CONSERVE OUR (not your) STREAMS!
iPhones can be used for lots of applications
This and other CVSC's (Cumberland Valley Spring Creek) need care
Enjoy the nature that is all around you
Sulphurs ain't always chartreuse

See ya on the water - JG

jdaddy wrote:
out of pure curiosity, what is the purpose of this post and video? i am sincerely curious.

lol yes. No point to it at all.

Somethings you should leave well enough alone.

salmonoid wrote:
Phish_On wrote:
Gone_Phishin wrote:

That wasn't your line he was picking up, was it? :)

I thought I had one stream a little bit more to myself than I actually did. One winter (February) day, while fishing it, I found a day-glo green bobber stuck in the tree. Another weekend in April, I fished it Saturday AM; passed two guys on their way in, and a buddy of mine told me he was there hiking with his boys Sunday and he passed a guy on the way in and way out.. There are no secret streams. Only slightly less fished ones..

It may have been my line if i ran a 20' leader.

Neat video. Its been awhile since I fished that water, I might have to take a trip over that way soon.

I love seeing sulphurs out and about.

Always good to see people flyfishing and enjoying themselves. Looks like a cool little stream. Thanks for sharing.

EG

After seeing that video I am probably going to get 1000 of my friends to come fish it everyday for the rest of our lives. Ha Ha just kidding. I dont know why everyone on here thinks that because someone posted a video that the stream is going to go to hell now. I think he make is points valid and they are good. I would rather watch that You Tube video that some of the other stupid ones I get emailed. Thanks for sharing.

jdaddy wrote:

Well, because this is a site where we all share information, stories, and experiences about fly fishing... I'd say his post qualifies.

W/out giving the location name, are you really worried this stream is going to get hammered now, especially since no fish were shown?

Cool little video. Personally I understand the point of view from both sides. When you think you've found your "secret spot", it's definitely a bummer knowing for sure that others have the same secret. At the same time however, open water is open water. There are plenty of guide services around the area, that I'm sure have taken clients to most of our little gems. The fish adapt. Not knowing the area that well, as far as I knew it could have been the Letort. Their are plenty of small streams in the area that are loaded with fish. Hopefully in the next vid, he sticks a lunker

Back