Lackawanna River

wetnet

wetnet

Anyone fishing the Lackawanna? I've got 6 weeks to spend on the stream. Any suggestions? Probably fishing Keystone catch & Release tomorrow.

Wetnet I usually fish the Lacky nightly,but not until end of April-May.I would be intrested on how you do at Keystone as I my go there Saturday.

I was going to go today but got tied up. I'm going tomorrow I'll let you know. The bottom part behind the wastewater plant is gorgeous. Looks like Fishing Creek at State College.

The Lackawanna is still up a little high,i was out sunday for a few hours and had no luck.i seen a few follow my woolly bugger in but that was all the action i had ,this was from about 1pm till about 3.i wouldnt go tomorrow with this rain thats comming.what is this place keystone you are talking about?the college?

Yes behind the college. Take the main entrance and I think the first left and then just keep pointing yourself downhill. Go to the left around the dorm and you'll see the sign. I fished during the season so I didn't pay attention to the stop and start point. The other place I'm talking about is downstream and out of the reg area I'm guessing. Past the college and I think there was a sign for the filter plant on the left at the end of town.

Wetnet, the river is still pulling pretty good, and is still pretty cool. I've been out a few times the past week, and nothing is doing.

I dredged bottom in a few areas with a brace of flies and nothing.

There were a few black caddis flittin' around, but I saw no stones or BWO's, which for this time of year is rare. Also, I have yet to see any phoebes, which are fly catcher birds. Usually when they're around the stream banks, fish are up in some areas and on BWO's or stones. Those birds' abscence tells me bug volume hasn't increased.

I got your e-mail but ahve been a bit busy, keep an eye on yours. I'll be in touch soon.

Monday, weather permitting, namely sunlight, and I may hit the river for a bit around noon til 3pm.

If I do get out I'll probably be in the Winton vicinty.

Take care of your back!!!

Tightlines!!!

Thanks FishTank! I probably should wait until the levels drop a bit. Being penned up is probably making me more antzy then is good for me. I'll hit Keystone tomorrow and fish nymphs just to see where I'm at. My boy's got the flu so I don't have my safety net. You think Mom's are protective?

Can't wait to stretch my legs.

Isn't that the South Branch of the Tunkhannock Creek that flows through the Keystone Campus?

If you are talking about Keystone College in Factoryville that isn't the Lackawanna.

I'm planning on hitting the Lackawanna soon and was checking to see what was up. I'm a native and went to Keystone a long, long time ago and fish the Tunkannock more then most. If it's not too awefull I'm going to take a quick trip there in the AM and given the stream conditions on the Lackawanna I'll probably fish it the weekend also. Don't want to end up a piece of driftwood. The Lack. isn't going anywhere. Are you a local?

I was up near the Laurel Street Park(Archbald) this past weekend doing some geocaching. I noticed the river was rushing pretty good. This stretch seems pretty nice and wide open for a beginner like me. I wanted to come out this weekend and try my luck but I never made. Partly because the river was up. I ended up spending the whole weekend doing some geocaching and just being outside. Hope to hit the river a few times in between going to the stocked waters this coming weekend. The first week or so of trout season I tend to use just spinning tackle. Usually the Dyberry, Lackawanna(Forest City) or if I am up for the drive to the Lackawaxen.

If anyone gets out there let us know how you did. I have some free time this week after work and it supposed to be nice. Also a good time to test out the waders....

I was on the water last night from 3:30pm-6:45pm, at the old tressel off Winton st.

The water is up, and cool, but crystal clear. There were a few small caddis and midges out, but nothing that I would say constitutes a hatch of any volume.

I dredged the bottom with large buggers with barbells, and beadhead pheasants in #16, which are usually money, and nothing doing. I worked the tail out of that area meticulously and nothing.

I'm gonna' be hitting a few downstream spots tonight where some shallower riffles tail out. Hopefully the sunlight will warm the rocks enough to get the fish to open their mouths.

Just a side note too; usually by now the shoreline brush has phoebees and song sparrows hawking bugs next to the river. To this point I have yet to see a phoebee. When that water drops a bit and we get some seasonal temps with sun, the bug volume should explode.

I'll keep you posted!!!

Tightlines!!!

Was looking forward to catching you on the stream Hank. 2 kids, 2 schedules and hubbie working shifts. We've been fishing the Tunkhannock due to it's closeness. Blue wing olive hatches on Sun. Waiting to bust again today. My son caught a nice 15" rainbow that did a pretty dance for awhile. :)

I caught a nice brown today at the Lacky about 19in my arm is still sore from reeling that baby in!!i was at my usual spot a little up from the bridge in olyphant.got em on a BHPT 14.im going back out tomorrow about 4pm if anyone wants to join me.

Back