Interesting Flybox Project

MD_Gene

MD_Gene

I saw this and thought others might be interested in knowing what they are trying to invent:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1341883177/tacky-fly-boxes-quite-possibly-the-best-way-to-hol?ref=live

Interesting. However, I think they should lower the free fly box offer to $5 investors. I hope they make their $7,500 goal.

I backed this on day 1. $12 for a fly box is a great deal.

Never mind... didn't read the entire website.

Cool. I'm buying one !

I don't know. They spent several hundred dollars figuring out that polycarbonate was lighter than aluminum. Does not exactly instill confidence.

im guessing that they tried wood and aluminium first so they could retail them at $40 like wheatleys n Orvis boxes.

as it is, who pays more than $20 for a composite box thesedays ?

the staggered tear drops is a good idea though.

Is it me or did they not post how to back them and the levels of backing?

Stag - it must be you. The backing levels are all there on the right.

As an aside, I'm none too sure about the business viability of this company. As others have pointed out, they had expensive forays down material paths (metal, wood) where you normally wouldn't go to start out, or where you at least would figure out a reasonable budget beforehand. Next, they've weighted the backing in such a way that the number of slots for common people (those who want in at the base level - i.e. getting one box) is already full, limited to $100. I realize you can pay $3 more and get the same thing, but I'd almost guarantee they'd pick up more backing if they hadn't created an artificial scarcity at that base level. I'd rather have 200 backers at $12 than 100 backers at $12, 50 backers at $15, and 50 (non)-backers that decided not to participate because they didn't want to ante up the extra $3.

Got it Salmonoid ... very lazy today cause it is last day b4 vacation .. just played the video and skimmed the page :cool:

$15 bucks gets you a flybox which i will use often and helps some entrepreneurs get their product off the ground ....

Think I'm gonna buy one to help'em out.

I agree with Salmonoid re: "they'd pick up more backing without the artificial scarcity". I'm cheap but it's not the $3 that bothers me, I'd love to help out an entrepreneur, and I like the teardrop design, HOWEVER I'd feel like a shmuck for paying more than other people who got the exact same product for $12. Really stupid ploy, IMHO.

This is commonly how deals are funded on Kickstarter, I've backed several. You either want it or you dont. Rest assured it won't retail for $15 if it get picked up by a major support or brand, restless of whether they patent the insert design

FWIW - this project reached its funding minium.

At that stage, the owners decided to source a MADE IN USA supplier if they reached a $12000 funding total (NOW REACHED)

So, this box will now be USA made.

Still time (59 hours) to back the project and get a box for $15.....

The only thing I have pre-paid was a concert ticket. Just sayin'.

Back