i got one of these....

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

i got one of these stream maps for the letort a long while back.
found it very helpful for when i finally went to the letort. check it out they are free. i dont know if they will have anymore.....theyll probably wonder why they are getting so many calls for it!
http://www.stoneycreekflytying.com/free_stream_maps.htm
good luck!

Sal:

Not trying to hijack your thread but maybe you know the answer to this question.

The last time I fished Trego's Meadow which was last November; I saw a HUGE stucco, (I think) building up on the hill on the right side of the Letort facing upstream.

It's not anywhere near the stream but I never noticed it before and I've fished the Letort forever. Does anybody know what this is? If it's a house it's massive. I thought it may be a new hotel/motel accessed off of Rt 34 with all of the new development that unfortunately is happening along that road.

Thanks!

BTW - I also have that map and it's great if you don't know your way around. There also was a small map published a long time ago that also had Big Springs & Green Springs in it if I remember correctly. It was put out by the Yellow Breeches shop back when Tom Baltz used to work there which was a long time ago.

wish I had that stream map, heading to the LeTort in about an hour.
Just gotta catch a fish there, just gotta!

John

jp:

Stay low, take your time and BE PATIENT!

If you have a passion for covering a lot of water you are going to be disappointed.

The best advice I can give you is: pick a spot; SIT OR KNEEL on the bank and WATCH and WAIT for AWHILE before moving to another spot.

I fish there a lot and I can't remember the last time I was skunked and it has NOTHING to do with my tackle, (I like a 5wt there), my casting ability, (most of the fish I catch are on casts of 20 feet or less); my flies or my experience.

It's all about my patience.

Have fun and good luck!

My buddy and I went to the Breeches first thing yesterday morning, still running really high and hard to wade. Decided to go to the LeTort.
Water was in great shape but there was no activity. Not a single fly in the air. Fished scuds and GRHE but couldn't buy a fish.
BTW there was a great, green caddis hatch coming off on the Breeches. If only the water conditions were a little better.
John

Got my map in the mail today, thanks for the heads up!!

no problem.gald i could help ya! :-D

Back