He's back......par deux

• Thread starter Heritage-Angler
  • Start date
Heritage-Angler

Heritage-Angler

Some of you may remember a post I made about Old Lefty's return to fishing after he broke his leg along Spring Creek in early 2012.

Well, after he was almost fully healed 6 months ago, he developed an infection that resulted in another operation to remove all the hardware installed in his initial operation.

Today was the return of the Southpaw, after 5 1/2 months of no fishing. I met Old Lefty and WildTigerTrout for a day of fishing on the Little Lehigh.

Although the weather was much colder than expected, we did find rising fish and a decent baetis hatch.

Let's just say Old Lefty hasn't forgotten how to fish. ;-) WTT also picked up a LL slam.

Great company and good fishing are always an unbeatable combination. Beats the heck out of working!

Thanks for a great day on the water, my friends.

Attachments

• Old Lefty and fish.jpg
    Old Lefty and fish.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 8
  • WildTigerTrout LL Slam.jpg
    WildTigerTrout LL Slam.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 5
I'm really sorry I missed this. Sounded like you guys had a great time. I'm really happy to see you back on the water Dave.

Glad to read this. Dave is a gentleman, unless you are a Trout. A greater proponent of the sport can not be found.

Good to see you're back in action Dave, can't keep a good man down.

jdaddy wrote:
Glad to read this. Dave is a gentleman, unless you are a Trout. A greater proponent of the sport can not be found.

This.

I was getting tired of watching Dave sit around at events while everyone else got to have the fun.

gfen wrote:
jdaddy wrote:

This.

I was getting tired of watching Dave cast 90' on one leg at events while everyone else got to have the fun.

fixed ya'

great post Ed.

Great News!

It's great to see Lefty healthy and fishing again...I wish you the best in 2013!

Good to hear.

Glad to hear you're back at it Dave! Not sure who said it, but every time I hear your name mentioned I hear the quote: " We all get wind knots, just not ten feet up our backing."

Boyer

Well there goes the neighbor hood !!!

What? there's actually trout in the LL?

Chaz wrote:
What? there's actually trout in the LL?
Yes there is. At least one or two. :)

Back