From Ontario Looking for a place that i miay try.....

M

my50missioncap

Early June I will be heading to virginia via maryland and pittsburgh . I am thinking of a stop over between pitssburgh and maryland and hoping to spend a late afternoon/early eveining fishing. Would anyone have suggestions?

Not if you're a leafs fan! :p

Seriously, though... I'm not from that far west, but I'm sure there will be lots of suggestions.

There would be numerous suggestions, what type of fishing do you like? Big rivers, mountain streams etc...

I would suggest the Yough for a big river (about a half hour from PA turnpike). Maybe some late day caddis.

Smaller streams Laurel Hill, 20 min from Turnpike. Further east, also close to turnpike is Yellow Creek in Bedford.

If you were travling on I-68 in WV or MD, I would suggest the Savage River,Upper Yough and the N. Branch of the Potomac.

I'd take 80 across the state and stop aroud state college, pa then head south to MD

I deleted your duplicate thread so all your replies will appear in one place. What routes do you plan to take to get where you are going? As Bruno mentioned, an alternative route may take you past better fishing. You have a number of options. What is your departure point and where in Virginia are you heading? With this additional information, you may get better suggestions.

Back