Fathers Day 6-15-14

SlingerFlyRods

SlingerFlyRods

What does everyone have planned for pops day?

tentative plans are to see if I can drag my dad away for the day. Wife asked me what I'd like for Fathers day and I never gave an answer, im thinking just telling her the whole day to fish from sun up til sun down would be perfect.

Id really like to make the trip into the HWA again with him, but he had a heart attack about 6 years ago and our trips of fishing the bottom to the headwaters aren't in the cards anymore.

maybe a nice easy spot on kettle near leidy.

looks like it could be a nice weekend

Going out all day w/ my dad on Saturday. He hasn't been out since my brother died about 2 months ago, so I'm looking forward to the time with him on the water.

sorry to hear that, definitely going to be enjoyable for you guys.

Will be at the yellow creek pig roast on saturday and not 100% sure yet about sunday but hopefully get a chance to wet a line

SlingerFlyRods wrote:
sorry to hear that, definitely going to be enjoyable for you guys.

yeah and you know, I didn't even think about it being Father's Day (even though I'm a father, we never made big deals about those types of holidays in my house), so that's pretty cool. Just hope the rain today and tomorrow doesn't blow out the stream I'm eye balling.

I've requested a fishing day.

"But it's supposed to be a family day"

"No, it's supposed to be father's day, where father can do what he really wants to do". lol. That goes over well.

Seriously, though, the weekend is 2 days long. I think I'm going to get my fishing day, and then something as a family the other day. Just trying to figure out which day is which.

I plan to remind my wife how I became a Father.... :-D

PatrickC wrote:

Winner!

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Going out all day w/ my dad on Saturday. He hasn't been out since my brother died about 2 months ago, so I'm looking forward to the time with him on the water.

It really is some good therapy. I went fishing with my father rather than attend my brother's viewing when he passed. I think neither of us knew how to handle it so we just did something together that was familiar and relaxing. It's kind of like skiing for me in how it takes you away from the trials of life and really lets you focus on the beauty of nature.

I'm sure I'll meet up with the old man and wet a line somewhere.

He keeps trying to drag me up to marshalls creek area so maybe we will finally get to that.

PatrickC wrote:

My wife is 7 months prego. I think she doesn't want or need any reminders ;-)

I will be floating the Lehigh all day for smallies. Should be great.

Thanks for the info Brad. Colder influenced stream it is then

The_Sasquatch wrote:
PatrickC wrote:

My wife is 7 months prego. I think she doesn't want or need any reminders ;-)

Good heavens Andy, leave that girl alone. What is this, #7? ;-) Congrats, I did not know.

Look. It's #3. Well under the minimum requirement of 5 for all good Presbyterians! This will be the last one, though. I will make sure of that...snip snip. My wife is 37. I don't think she wants to go through this prego thing anymore haha!

Daughter's birthday on Saturday, not fishing then. Sunday, MAYBE a couple of hours in the AM. They have something planned, so I'd better be there.

I'll be in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my Dad this weekend. Fly rod will be my personal item on the plane tomorrow morning. Stream's we'll fish are Rapid Creek, Spring Creek, and Spearfish Creek. Love the scenery there.

My dad and I will be leaving for a week fishing the Smokies at 0 dark thirty on Sunday. Been looking forward to this Father's Day for a while!

Probably take my kids to the local canal to fish for panfish, pickerel, and bass.

For the past few years, I've managed to wrangle a weekend away fishing and hiking. But for the sake of the kids, I returned home Sunday afternoon, since the day is important to them (I am not a holiday/birthday/special day type of person). Since I've already had a few of those outings already this year, it won't be happening this year. But I ought to be able to leverage the whole "holiday" thing for a short outing - either Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon. Glad someone reminded me :)

Back