Big Fish Database

TUNA

TUNA

I thought this webpage was kind of cool, so I figured I'd pass it along. A lot of the fish have pictures, too. Its amazing how many different species of Trout, Salmon, and Char that exist.

http://www.fishing-worldrecords.com/database.htm

Anyone notice the guy with the Cutty has a Steeler Hat on?

Also what the hell is that stenodus levichthys or Inconnu? It's grouped in the Salmonoid categorie, but it looks like a tarpon with a small mouth? Said it's from Alaska.

That was great! Thanks for the info. I caught a 30 inch, 13 pound Sockeye Salmon from the Kenai River in Alaska in 1980. I knew at the time the state record was 16 pounds from the same river. I did not know it was the world record! Anyway I had 2 witnesses with me. We weighed and measured the fish and then he was released unharmed. I received a Alaska " Trophy Fish" award from the Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game. That was 31 years ago and I still have the framed certificate. Thanks again!

DOS, that is known in Alaska as a "Shee Fish". I almost forgot my friends and I also took several photo's of that big Sockeye (Red) Salmon. Maybe I should have them published. Ha! The fish is not a world record but is 2 inches longer and 3/4 of a pound heavier than the fish they have photo's of. DOS that Shee Fish is not really common even in Alaska. They range pretty far north. Kind of looks like a Tarpon don't you think?

DOS, I meant to say I agree with you it does look like a Tarpon. I never saw one or heard of anyone catching one while I was there. I was stationed for two years from 1978 to 1980 with the Army at Ft. Richardson. Cool looking fish though judging by the photo.

DOS, I meant to say I agree with you it does look like a Tarpon. I never saw one or heard of anyone catching one while I was there. I was stationed for two years from 1978 to 1980 with the Army at Ft. Richardson. Cool looking fish though judging by the photo.

Mods, double post. Can you remove one. Thanks.

I've never saw a she fish before, but I saw on a video years ago, of an Eskamo jigging through the ice for them with a hook that was carved out of bone. They had under water views of it to. He caught some big ones.

A couple weeks ago I was trying to remember what they were called and couldn't think of it when I was telling someone about it.

dreamsofstreams wrote:
Anyone notice the guy with the Cutty has a Steeler Hat on?

Also what the hell is that stenodus levichthys or Inconnu? It's grouped in the Salmonoid categorie, but it looks like a tarpon with a small mouth? Said it's from Alaska.

Inconnu is the largest member of the whitefish family.

Also, anyone else notice how many salmonoids are native to Russia? Looks like I'm gonna need to make a trip there one of these days...

Back