Beav Blog

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
FYI, link to a very well written blog on the Beav. Great title, "To greed, all nature is insufficient":

http://turningoversmallstones.blogspot.com/2009/11/to-greed-all-nature-is-insufficient.html

Afish,
Good blog - thank's for the link.
While I'll readily admit to being weary of this topic... it's good to see the issue continues to be covered out there in the FFing community and that DB's business model and methods continue to be called out for what they are.

This type commercial operation started eons ago

with "wild" women

THEN

Can we lobby to get that article printed in

"Grays" "Fly Fisherman" and Rod & Reel"?

Those magazines were supported for years by the guys we all know, now they seem to have switched to support this type operationl

demand equal representation

LOL LJ. I never thought of it, but it is exactly like the "world's oldest profession." Pay for IT because you can get IT any other way. Just substitute TROUT for IT and you have it!

yea the whole deal

ho's...fish

pimps...guides

Johns... clients

not for the legitimate open water guides

though, different ball game entirely

they save the guys a lot "stream learning" time

and usually know how to fish and teach

THEN

If you have ever been by a hatchery pond or race you will see fish swiming to you, especially if you are at the spot where the guy dumps the trout chow in.

Exact same thing happens on some commercial streams, the guide goes to the spot where the fish are fed, the fish react, easy from there on.

the fish commission guys are now feeding their trout with a truck and a pipe I think which would eliminate the above somewhat, but the pellet puppys are snookered that way in the pay for play fly fishing water. makes the guide look good and the client look good

That's good writing. It's refreshing to see blogs that appear to be, gasp, edited.

Thank you for putting this up. It is certainly an accurate look at various types of damage the hypocritical empire is doing. i agree that one or more of the fly-fishing magazines should pick it up and print it.

I would not hold my breath waiting for a FF'ing rag to print too much negative ink on the Beav's operation. There are far too many in the FF"ing writing world who have sold us out to be part of the little beaver club.

The article that I liked was about lefty telling about all the giant rainbows that he caught on this special "beatle" pattern on Spruce. I could not help but to wonder if lefty is actually senial (sp) enough to believe the fish were eating beatles?

LJ, thanks for mentioning the difference between "open water" guides and the ho's working for the beav. I do guide on the spring creeks here in Paradise Valley, but that is different. Anyone can fish the spring creeks. Yes, there is a 100 buck rod fee, but to fish those places it is well worth the price. There have been many times that I guided someone on Depuy's who was capable of fishing it themselves. All they needed was someone to help get them started who knows the water and the fish. Once the mystique is removed just about anyone can fish there and do ok.

flybop wrote:
I would not hold my breath waiting for a FF'ing rag to print too much negative ink on the Beav's operation. There are far too many in the FF"ing writing world who have sold us out to be part of the little beaver club.

The article that I liked was about lefty telling about all the giant rainbows that he caught on this special "beatle" pattern on Spruce. I could not help but to wonder if lefty is actually senial (sp) enough to believe the fish were eating beatles?

Don - I was gonna post what you did in your first paragraph, but just bit my tongue and let it slide.

Lefty's special beetle pattern was what we commonly refer to as a "PTC Emerger" (Purina Trout Chow). The old legless brown beetle..... ;-)

I have seen lots of guides on theLittle J

they work hard for their money

not as easy as it appears

On top of the phoney clubs with phony fish

too many of the tackle makers have sold out to that type fisherman
plus have sold out the American workers who built them

Hi all,
I'd like to know a bit more about the situation on Fishing Creek. I am sure you guys must have talked about it before but I realise the evil empire debate may get a little jaded for the regulars on this forum. So, rather than re-hashing what has gone before I wonder if anyone can point me to a thread that will give me a little more info?
many thanks
Eccles
PS many thanks for the kind comments about the post.

I think Dave should pull this since the Becks have joined "Home Waters"

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=66

there is info there you may need

Great job bud you should team up with Deb Weisberg

the old one two punch

Eccles,

Welcome aboard. I went back and searched threads about FC.
Here's what aI came up with:

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8540&forum=2&post_id=93255#forumpost93255

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9734&forum=4&post_id=110088#forumpost110088

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9319&forum=2&post_id=103460#forumpost103460

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6758&forum=2&post_id=68231#forumpost68231

They have all sold out, even Lefty...The Drake isn't afraid to expose the truth about Donny's operation, that's one...The worst part of it all is the trout stocking aspect..If he were private and promoted wild fish I'd be much more understanding..Instead, they've diminished the sport in the name of "home waters"...Money can buy a 20" pellet fed mutant rainbow, but it can't buy class..

littlejuniata and afishinado
That's great, thanks for pointing me in the direction of those threads. I'll have a read through them.
Eccles

If you fish for Steelhead ,fish Elk at the PAF&BC easement get in and fish it and often. This is directly across from the Club water. We can wade to the center of the stream. The Area around the RR is posted but only for deer season. Car pool if you canor be dropped off. The area down stream to Little Elk is open to fish on west side and east side after the power lines. PAFBC is working to acquire the land upstream from the beaver lease put political pressure on Harrisburg to purchase it. Contact the office often and if you have the ear of an elected official give them the word not all are in Donny's pocket.

Donny Beaver sucks. Wait...is that a mixed metaphor?

Maybe he is just protecting me from myself - maybe I should thank him, cause I wouldn't be able to conserve the streams for myself, being a peon and all.

Back