Are you the person for the job

Fredrick

Fredrick

http://www.tu.org/about-us/jobs/field-organizer

Marcellus Shale Field Organizer
Printer-friendly versionSend to friend

Trout Unlimited (TU) is North America's leading coldwater fisheries conservation organization, dedicated to the conservation, protection and restoration of trout and salmon fisheries and their watersheds. The organization has more than 140,000 members in 400 chapters across North America. TU's largest membership is in Pennsylvania with more than 11,000 members and 52 chapters.

Some of the best hunting and fishing in the East today is found in the Marcellus Shale region of Pennsylvania where intact habitat sustains healthy populations of wild and native trout as well as other wildlife. If Pennsylvania sportsmen and women do not make their voices heard, these values could be lost to the land disturbances, water withdrawals, and wastewater discharges associated with the development of natural gas. To prevent the loss of these special places, TU is hiring a person to organize and train TU members and other sportsmen and women. The organizer will work closely with the Pennsylvania Council of Trout Unlimited and provide coordination and assistance to local TU chapters as well as other conservation and sportsmen organizations.

Job Description
The Pennsylvania Marcellus Shale field organizer must be entrepreneurial, organized, and a problem-solver. The principle duties of the organizer will be to:

* Mobilize and organize TU chapters and other sportsmen to develop and participate in a stream surveillance/monitoring program, where volunteers act as watchdogs for both drilling impacts and violations of state laws.
* Work with conservation partners to identify and protect ecologically sensitive lands and waters from drilling.
* Lead a team-oriented, collaborative effort to maintain the great fish and wildlife values in the state.

Qualifications

* Experience in grassroots organizing.
* Experience with water quality monitoring protocols and volunteer training.
* Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Experience with media and public outreach.
* Ability to work independently and take initiative to coordinate numerous partners.
* Willingness to travel extensively within the state.
* Good computer skills, with experience in data management and analysis.
* Ability to interpret scientific data and turn it into action.
* Avid hunter and angler.
* Passion for protecting and restoring trout habitat and their watersheds.

I am SOOOOO glad to see that they are creating a position to handle that specific issue. Once the person is hired and named we should all work closely with the coordinator to do what we can to keep this matter in check.

I think Jdaddy just sent in his Bid.

better yet. I want to see Sight-Nymph put in for it.
he is the man of many avatars.

I got everything except the first 2 qualifications....

Pat,
I actually thought of you when this was first posted. 9 outa 11 ought to be pretty competitive. Can't imagine a better person for this.

Yeah, but those first 2 are kind of important for this job, hence why they are the FIRST 2.

I think it'd be fun and interesting. But I'd have to quit my current job, don't think I wanna do that.

I don't know. Whatshisname said Pat was an astroturfer for the drilling industry, which has to hurt his cause. :roll:

Too many people on both sides of every issue with a black and white viewpoint of the world. But the world is gray. Objectivity is sorely missing. We have become accustomed to approaching issues with emotional viewpoints.

pcray1231 wrote:
Too many people on both sides of every issue with a black and white viewpoint of the world. But the world is gray. Objectivity is sorely missing. We have become accustomed to approaching issues with emotional viewpoints.

pc,

The problem with you black-white-gray people is you miss the myriad colors. Plug in some cones, dude! :p

BTW: I'm gettin' a serious itchinn' for some smallies on the Susky. You game to come up some time in the next month?

jayL wrote:
I don't know. Whatshisname said Pat was an astroturfer for the drilling industry, which has to hurt his cause. :roll:

Ohhh Jay...... You can call me Teufel Hunden! Can't wait to meet your acquaintance at one of these mini jams... That in itself would be worth the trip!! Oh and you used the word astroturfer. I just stated the obvious :lol:

Back