65 today Who's Going Fishing

P

pafisherman

Saw the forecast for today and quickly put in for a 1/2 vacation day. Will probably head for the Yellow Breeches. Maybe will have some midges and/or BWO's.
Who else is heading out?
Bill A

Not me Bill, as much as I'd like to I am planning a family trip back to Pittsburg for T-givin. I am also the chauffuer de jour since the kids are off school.

It'll be a great day on the water because the last couple have been wet and the springs are pumping well. I spent yesterday mucking around on first order streams and they looked better than I've seen them since April. That should translate to near full stream conditions with a tinge of color. Good day for streamers.

I saw lots of little black stones #20, Case caddis and adults #14.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

"65 today Who's Going Fishing"

I was ready to wish you a happy birthday. I can't get out, but I am going to wait until it drops into the 30s to fish Friday and Saturday. Have a good time and a nice Holiday.

Wish I could get out. I have to work until 3:00, then its off to the in-laws house. Tried some Nov. fishing for the first time last Sunday and got skunked. Have a good Thanksgiving.

Work most of the day. There is an optional early closure here at 2:00, but I forgot to get my gear to head to Valley afterward. Oh well. I need the money, so staying until 5 like normal will have to do.

Weird weather. Golf yesterday fish Friday. Happy Thanksgiving all you flyfishers.

small game huntin, then deer...up here to dangerous to fish with all the bullets whizzing through the woods...

You are a wise man sandfly. Hopefully wife not weather permitting. I will see water now thru sun. Finally got a long weekend, finally caught up to workload. Good luck to all. Oh yeah, not my bullets sf, i hunt bradford and local. Don't forget to duck!!!!

It was a great peaceful day on the Perk and French Creek. I even just sat on the bank and smoked a cigar for a while watching the neurotic squirrels. :-D

Mediclimber - What part of French Creek did you fish today? Any luck?

Everything exploded today in terms of hatches. I had a good hour with dries on a local lake today.

I started at the park at the handicapped deck, really nice to see someone has done something so very nice for those in wheelchairs and then moved down toward 100 stopping at the next two roads with parking at the bridges. There are still fish in them thar creeks and yesterday they took a liking to browm bodied dun hackled woolybuggers, size 10. I used a strike indicator about 18 inches from the fly and had tons of hits and landed three including one that went about twenty inches. Sorry, no camera on the trip and I figured I have six in the freezer, no sense adding anymore so everything I did today was catch and release. I even picked up three bags of black walnuts and two bags of hickory nuts. Cookie baking will be excellent this year. I really liked sitting on the edge of the handicapped deck and fishing with my legs dangeling off the side. Brought back some good old memories. It was also the first time I got to use my Cabellas wading jacket and found the neoprene cuffs with the thumb holes to be a nice feature. It was a little chilly and damp early in the morning so I wore a turtle neck, the jacket, then my vest. The Sage 4Wt was a dream as usual. I think I might even like it better than my venerable old Orvis 6Wt.

Went to visit Sister who is in from Idaho on Tuesday, worked til 6P yesterday. Will visit kids and mouch food today. Guess I'll fish in the cold and dodge bullets through Monday. I hope you all enjoy this holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving all...
Ended up having a great day on the YB. Caught 4 early on small nymphs. The a little latter in the afternoon some fish begin rising to small midges. Caught 3 on top with a size 22 Trico dry. It was great to catch fish on dries this late in the year.

Back