"Donny Beaver's Back In The Crosshairs"

My god that guy sucks so bad!!!!

If you do a little looking I think there are a ton of fly fishing spots for sale in Colorado the drug capital of the West, Beaver and others just taking advantage of the tax cuts we gave the rich guys.

Looks like there is action at the Spruce Creek place around the buildings, don't know if they are starting a community there or not.

In addition there is activity along the road from Rt 45, about a mile towards Spruce Creek that could be a development, who that is I don't have the faintest

What bothers me is he still has a good size chunk of Fishing Creek in the Benton area. We fish there often and this ain't fun.

Rolf

Donny Beaver really is a moron.

He has no sense of wild habitat.. It's all about stocking + 20 inch pelletheads.. Ain't no fun!

I don't know if he is rebranding Spring Creek, but he has something going now called homewaters.

http://2202.client.cendyn.com/About-Us/About-Us.asp

How many times have you read "Blue ribbon" in any of Beavers articles..

Because after he's done with the fishery, it's nothing close to that.

for starters the river is already overloaded with nutrients "fish propagation on Spruce Creek should be banned.

SRC is fish propagation nothing else

I would think Yellow Creek would be the same since it flows through farmland for the most part

We need to start a grassroots rumor that the beav has to inject "stupid" steroids into the pellet pigs so the fools can catch them

Unfortunately for us, the evil emperor is not a moron. He is unscrupulous and avaricious but not moronic. He is taking advantage of situations to make money, and since we do not have the kind of money it takes to counteract him, we are powerless to stop his greedy actions. When it gets going, we must support the PFBC's Access Committee in its efforts to lease and buy public access to streams in PA.
That beaver's customers/members like to fish for the pelletheads just points out that they have no conception of real trout fishing for real trout. He even has noted outdoor writers/photographers in his pocket to publicize/legitimize his actions.
I certainly agree that his actions are shameful. But, do not underestimate him: That would be a huge mistake.

rrt nails it. Perfectly said.

I'm sure if Vince Marinaro came back to life the first thing he would do is put his wader boot up a certain husband/wife team's backside for promoting this place as a great fishery. Personally I find it repulsive that these two make it sound like this is the greatest fishing in the world. You're fishing in a hatchery raceway! BFD! The fish are 20+ inches long - they were pellet fed and 500 were dumped in their yesterday. Even the worst fly fisherman should have no problem catching a fish in these waters.

Any respectable fly fishermen knows better and these two have zero respect from me. It's not that I have a problem with people fishing for large fish in overstocked waters but please, don't promote it like it's the best water in the world or think you're a world class fisherman because you catch large fish - you're not - you're a joke at this point.

Also laughable that they promote it as "family values"

aren't they teaching thier kids that they are better than anyone else

so they can "look down on the little people"

I don't often post, I just read what people have to say. What I want to know about this guy is how much does he charge for a "membership" for someone to think they are a great fisherman that catches "blue ribbon" trout? I am of the opinion that this sort of thing is akin to following a stocking truck. I suppose it's a good business but it is of really bad taste. Most of the skill and tactics are completely stripped from the quest of fooling trout.

Before this thread heads that way:

I think focusing on whether or not the people that patronize the club are sportsmen in our eyes is a misstep. It's a popular breed of discussion on this board, and one that holds little merit. The bottom line is that there are people that are willing to pay for the experience, and that probably won't change.

The people that fish these streams don't care about that, and it seems to me to be a non-issue in the discussion about SRC and access rights.

My opinion, anyway.

I agree that it's not very sporting, by the way.

my 2 SRC wants to develop a community and put the sewage treatment in the floodplain of the Little Juniata

Green Hills put their sewage treatment up out of the floodplain at great expense to them

Letort wrote:
I don't know if he is rebranding Spring Creek, but he has something going now called homewaters.

http://2202.client.cendyn.com/About-Us/About-Us.asp

For years I hade a vision in my head on what this guy might of looked like..Shocking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HxJimGgu58&feature=related

gee-I use to love fishing the paradise and felt the fish there were ultra selective although not really spooky.Nothing wrong with big fish either.

GreenWeenie wrote:
rrt nails it. Perfectly said.

I'm sure if Vince Marinaro came back to life the first thing he would do is put his wader boot up a certain husband/wife team's backside for promoting this place as a great fishery. Personally I find it repulsive that these two make it sound like this is the greatest fishing in the world. You're fishing in a hatchery raceway! BFD! The fish are 20+ inches long - they were pellet fed and 500 were dumped in their yesterday. Even the worst fly fisherman should have no problem catching a fish in these waters.

Any respectable fly fishermen knows better and these two have zero respect from me. It's not that I have a problem with people fishing for large fish in overstocked waters but please, don't promote it like it's the best water in the world or think you're a world class fisherman because you catch large fish - you're not - you're a joke at this point.

GW,

I don't agree with the "business" model and I can't speak for the the famous couple, but they may be of the same mindset as Lefty Kreh. I had a chance to see him talk in a small venue. He is member of the club and is proud of it. When the private water issue was asked he replied that public waters are so screwed up they are not worth fishing.

What I don't understand is, why someone with his influence dosen't work to fix the problem (as he sees it) with the public waters? Maybe he likes to catch big fish, regardless of where they come from.

Heads up to you all.
Our PAFBC has acquired an easement on Elk Creek in Erie County right across form their(SRC)lease. I know I will be fishing there often this fall and I will fish across from their members.
It is their Beckman Road area of Elk Creek, the West bank is the PAF&BC easement. One can wade to the center of the creek and cast over to them, fish their side or tangle their lines.
CRB

jayL wrote:
Before this thread heads that way:

I think focusing on whether or not the people that patronize the club are sportsmen in our eyes is a misstep. It's a popular breed of discussion on this board, and one that holds little merit. The bottom line is that there are people that are willing to pay for the experience, and that probably won't change.

The people that fish these streams don't care about that, and it seems to me to be a non-issue in the discussion about SRC and access rights.

My opinion, anyway.

I agree that it's not very sporting, by the way.

JayL,
Why is it a misstep? That implies that it (this breed of discussion) does some harm which you do not specify. Do you feel it divides the conservation-minded folks?

I really think many of these guys are image conscious and would be alarmed (the famous ones anyway) if they were perceived as unsporting or not properly representing the sport. On the other hand I do understand why some sporting gents in their golden years would take an opportunity like this if it gives them a "realistic" opportunity to continue what they love. For me personally, I would hope when I get to that age I would use that time to introduce someone to the sport, teach them to tie flies, or introduce them to the great fly-fishing literature out there.

Maybe some of the super-rich are simply insulated from the conservation community and would never be on a board like this or cross paths with this demographic? In that case how about a billboard campaign on all routes to the Little J with Aldo Leopold quotes and anti-stocky, pellet pollution propaganda!

Jay P

Back