Winston GVX

CLSports

CLSports

Does anyone own a Winston GVX rod? I am considering one in an 8'-6" 4wt. and I am looking for any opinions on them.

I have read that it may not be as fast action as they claim, but more of a medium-fast action?

I know at least one poster will tell me to test one out and decide for myself, so I will save you the typing. I am asking for YOUR opinion. I will form my own opinion if I can find one in the area to cast.

I have two, a 4 and a 5 weight. I like them both and have never had any rouble with either. You're right you should try them but they are well worth the price. Cablea's did have them on sale but that may be over by now.

I have one but it's a 9ft 6wt. I use it for everything from stocked trout up to steelhead and carp. It's a great rod and I never had any issues with it so far.

CLSports wrote:
I am asking for YOUR opinion. I will form my own opinion if I can find one in the area to cast.

jdaddy is not only a winston expert, but also an expert on matters of cheap.

you should ask him directly for input. in otherwords, try o'er there where he'll most definalty see it.

(pretend you read that in PM so it seems less self-aggrandizing)

I purchased the 9' 4wt Winston GVX rod and loaded my reel up with Rio LT line. I just got a chance to cast this rod in the yard yesterday and it was worth every penny. I have never cast the Boron rods, but this one is amazing. The nicest rod I have ever owned. It will be my go to dry fly rod this year.

Back