reel help

skibo5

skibo5

Hey guys enjoying the snow?

I have the allen alpha series reel and unfortunately lost the (screw-on) cap that holds the reel together and the bearing in place. I need to find something i can buy at lowes, hardware store, etc, to get this reel working again. Any suggestions??

Here is a pic of the exact part i lost, thanks to paint for providing such great arrows.

The cap is threaded on the inside and screws on like a pop bottle cap

http://img840.imageshack.us/i/reelproductsmouseoveral.jpg/

I would contact Allen about it,I would hope they would send you one.If they don't,thats very poor CS in my opinion.
Finding a match at a hardware store won't be easy IMO.
I'd be worried about screwing on something "close" and messing the threads up.
Anxious to see how you make out with this.
I've been thinking about ordering one of the green Trout reels,if they offer them again.If they don't fix you up,I'll get something elsewhere.

I will contact allen tonight, i am sure they will send a new one. I am just in the need of something for this weekend/week.

After searching lowes i came across a bolt that was the right fit for the reel. Had to grind it down so it would not rub against the reel while it was spinning, causing it to tighten or losen, After about an hour of grinding the reel is good.

If anyone randomly has this problem

buy a size 8-32 nut, grind the edges so it will fit in the circular part of the reel, and your good to go.

fordman wrote:
I would contact Allen about it,I would hope they would send you one.If they don't,thats very poor CS in my opinion.

Ya. They sell well made Chinese import reels super cheap, dude looses a part and it is Allens fault? People are amazing.

Which reel is it? I know mine came with an exploded diagram of the reel which may be more helpful in folks helping you find the cap. Let me know which model you have and if it's the same as mine I'll kick it around to some of my friends who do machining.

Back