Hook and Hackle Fly line

J

jpittman80

I know there has been other topics on fly lines but can anyone give me any feedback on Hook and Hackle brand fly line. Thanks for your help.

said to be cortland 444 peach in olive drag.

I got one two years ago, holding up well!

PaulG

No peach for me :lol:

I picked one up when they were on sale for $25. I've only gotten to use it once but it seems like a good deal for the price.

I have a couple of them and would not hesitate to buy more.
Good lines.

Plus I'm still using Paul G's peach line... :-D

The Fish Guy has line on sale for very cheap and I am just wondering if I will notice a difference. To me, paying 50-70 dollars for line is just completely out of the question.

My friend and I both ordered these lines recently.

HH lines look to be rebranded cortlands. The WF is "rocket taper", which is a cortland exclusive thing, as far as I know. It's also one of my favorite tapers.

The price is right, and it seems like good stuff.

I just ordered one tonight for my 8wt thanks for the feedback. The agree the price seems pretty good. I have been using there tippet for years and it has been great. You get double the amount as you do from some of the other brands and at a lower cost.
Thanks
Justin

Nice - be sure to give a report because I will definitely get this line if you guys give it the thumbs up

Hi Ernie,

I've got a couple of the Hook and Hackle fly lines. They're true to the weight designation, unlike a S.A. GPX or a Rio Grand that are 1/2 size heavy. They don't have a welded loop, but other than that, they're premium lines all the way. They float great, they're slick, they stay supple in the cold, they're durable, and the color is the best I've ever found for a fly line. It's an olive green, but unlike some other "stealthy" colored lines, this one is easier to see - but still stealthy.

If it sounds like I like these lines, it should - they're my favorite! The good price is just the icing on the cake. :-D

Nice - next time I am in the market for line, I'm definitely gonna buy that. Like I said before, I just cant bring myself to spend 70$ on fly line.

Back