Glamour Shots

S

SonofZ3

I think fly fishing equipment looks cool, and I enjoy taking photographs of my gear when I'm out on the stream. I wondered if anyone else took pictures of their rods and reels, if you do, please share them! Here are a couple:
DSCN1104.jpg

DSCN1109.jpg

No I do not. But that's a cool pic and I just might start doing that.

Rod and reel alone-no, but with fish, yes :-D Sweet pics, I too may have to do that.

Set my rod down to answer the call of nature, and when I went to pick it up, I thought it would make a cool picture...

2008_05230014-1.jpg

Here is one of mine with a nice Skuke bronzeback.....

Perk009-1.jpg

Sono,
Bet your work can match or exceed the merchandise shots found in glossy outdoor equipment magazines. :)

Gear shots can add an enticing and immediate FFing theme to an otherwise cool landscape image. Oftentimes when I'm fishing and want a photo of a particular spot to include as part of an FFing article or photo collection, I'll lean a fly rod against a tree or position it with a landing net or fly box so that it can be seen but doesn't dominate the overall image. If done right, it will hopefully creat the impression to the viewer that they can walk into the image, pick up their gear, and go fishing. Including your gear in photos is a fun way to think about photography while honing one's understanding of composition, lighting etc.

Great pics guys! And thanks Fishidiot!

For years the only fishing pictures we (my father and I) had were of the rare fish we kept, and they were the dead and faded fish in the sink pictures. Then we got a little nikon digital small enough to stick in a ziplock bag and take fishing. In the last 3 years we've taken more fishing pictures than we had in all our previous years combined. Now we get pics of the fish we release, and all kinds of shots to remember the days on the water. For anyone who doesn't bring a camera fishing, especially with family and friends, DO IT. Get a cheap disposable and start clicking away. I know when my father and some of my older fishing buddies are gone, those pics are going to be even more priceless than they are now...
My 4 weight and my dad's 5
DSCN0585.jpg

Back