G Loomis

hammertime

hammertime

On Saturday me and a friend were on his boat fishing for crappies using our flyrods. When we moved to a different spot I picked up my rod and unknowingly the tip was stuck under a tieoff for the anchor. SNAP!

Monday I called Loomis and Tuesday they were sending me a new Eastfork no questions asked. Just wanted to give a shout out to their great customer service.

It was a 9' 5 wt Streamdance Metilious that I had for 5 years or so. No longer in production the closest thing is an Eastfork.

When I get the new rod I send my broken rod back in the same package and FISH ON!

I had a similar experience with them. The best customer service I have ever experienced. I broke my GL2 and had it replaced with the Streamdance Metolious which was an upgraded model and they charged me $50 to upgrade. Not bad.

I dealt with Scott once and they simply repair the rod with a new blank. However, the new tip they sent me broke while casting the first time I used it after the repair. I had to send it back again. Still good service, but I like the option to get a new rod or even upgrade your rod for a small fee.

Yeah I paid 50$ also.

Not bad for a 400$ rod.

Back