Fishin' necklaces...err, lanyards.

gfen

gfen

Finally got around to making one, when I realized just how little stuff I actually needed. Between a single pouch on a wading belt for a box of flies, there's not really anything else I've been carrying for the bass, or even the salt.

For the trouts, I carried a bit more, but even then could probably squeeze the two boxes I carry into the same pouch and not need anything else 90% of the time.

So, for $8.86 in new stuff, some already owned bits, and a $5 bracelet I bought for the fancy beads, I'm ready.

Sure beats this guy who wants $225 for his handmade, unloaded, lanyards. Plus options, like the $75 fish counter...

Anyways...

10g speaker wire, free. Heat shrink tubing, $1.87. Wood beads, $2. Fancy skull beads, $5. Six swivels, $1.50. Alligator clips, $3.49.

Now, I just need to find some time to go fishin'.

Two roach clips - for those LONG days on the water. :lol:

Three, if you count the combo scissors/forceps on the front.

Like a boyscout, always be prepared.

Which will rile Jay more? The lanyard or the Apple logo?

Nice job, looks good and functional. I think I paid $20 for mine and I actually do use it quite a bit as I hate vests, chest packs, etc. However mine does not have skulls, which is a major beat. Again, really like it.

jdaddy wrote:
Which will rile Jay more? The lanyard or the Apple logo?

This is not the first time I've intentionally taken a picture on top of the laptop to irk the lad.

I like the lanyards. If I ever take the plunge and get one, I'm going to speak in tongues whenever a passerby sees me catch a fish. Perhaps do a little dance.

Make your own, you can personalize it with Fermi beads made with bits of smashed Android in 'em if you want.

My loyalty isn't with android. It's with !apple.

Look, buddy, I'm just an idea man, its up to you to fine tune 'em.

I haven't forgotten 6am, and I'm still thinking about if I'm going to be able to pull that off or not. Probably not going to have a choice, should convince me to do something useful in the am. Why aren't I PM'ing you? Why can't I remember _any_ passwords after vacation?

Thats pretty neat! But where does the stringer go?

I eat 'em off the hook raw. Its easier that way, and if I'm quick no WCO is the wiser as I poach.

1 vote for the lanyard.

That is the secret to your weight loss success. Raw fish off the hook, streamside.

Poor man's sushi...I like it! Just carry a little wasabi with you and you're all set!

People tend to not bother your casting space when they're done watching me feast on a writhing trout or two.

Plus, every trout heart you eat lets you steal a little of his power and soul!

I use Gink instead if a dab for a floatant, any ideas on what to put that in because the only thing that came to mind was surgical tubing but then I run into the problem of attatching it to my lanyard.

They make various gink holders. A google search for "floatant holder" returns many of them.

Here's mine--

Attachments

• ginker.jpg
    ginker.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 2
I always thought that they were made for the people in this club
http://www.dvwffa.org/

I was under the impression that Gink is dab is simply Abolene cold cream. The difference is Gink comes in that neat little contact lens bottle.

So much so, I'd like to get a bottle of dollar store contact lens cleaner just to put Albolene into it and then be able to use a Gink holder.

Back