Clouser Temple Fork

STONEMAN

STONEMAN

Anybody try out the new Clouser rod yet? i am off to the Keys in a few weeks and may pop for a rod to use on Tarpon and Bonefish. i would like to be able to use it for bass on the Susquehanna too. Any thoughts? 8 or 9 weight?

I'm curious, and initially planned to try one out in an 8wt to cover my lineup's current hole.

I know Cabela's has them in stock, so that's probably where I'd try it out. I'd like to do a direct comparision with the TFO Teeny 8wt, but no one seems to actually carry those rods. I also know that upon seeing a Clouser in-the-fles^H^H^H^Hgraphite, I was surprised by how unappealing it looked. That probably shouldn't matter, but the little fly graphic was about as tacky as it gets, and its what's making me re-consider a Teeny in lieu of the Clouser.

-shrug-

I think 8wt is too light for tarpon, but I defer to people with actual experience here. I also believe that I've read that tarpon guides will be very insistent on you using their gear, not your own, but again, I got no expereince on this matter.

stoneman,

Jump on over to BassPro and see Bobby Clouser. He runs the fly shop.

Don't forget about the Ross fly stick and the reddington predator rod also sage bass rods . All the Clouser rod is a Ticrx rod with a different paint job . All these rods are good but they excel fishing off a boat . But if you primarily wade fish I would go with a 9 foot saltwater rod it will do everything these gimmic rods will do and get you some needed casting distance for sneaking up on large wary bass .

.............................Just Saying....................................

Back