Steelhead flies

Leteras

Leteras

Here are a few of my flies that have been producing steelhead for me. They are simple ties but are effective. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• CSC_0007.JPG
    CSC_0007.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 24
  • CSC_0011.JPG
    CSC_0011.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 2
  • CSC_0027.JPG
    CSC_0027.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 4
  • CSC_0035.JPG
    CSC_0035.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 2
  • CSC_0045.JPG
    CSC_0045.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 3
Really? This just shows your a Troll, and not a very good one.

Since you have nothing to say on here that matters. When you post your just like white noise in the background. I haven't seen you post anything useful on this site yet.

Anyways I have found the best way to fish these is in a tandem rig with either two different colors of these flies or an egg pattern trailed by the caddis. I do not use an indicator with this setup just bottom bounce. You have to use enough weight to just keep it ticking the bottom. In fast water that is really moving you need to use more weight than some of you guys might be comfortable with.

Are salmon eggs legal?

I'm talking about an egg fly pattern such as a sucker spawn, crystal meth or a glow bug single egg.

What size hook do you use? Do you put wire inside clear larva lace?

You guys are hard, I think they look pretty good, and if they are catching steelhead all the better.

There is no wire inserted it it. Its Jelly Rope. Its solid and stretchable.

A bead and body of flashy dubing works equally as well and quicker to tie.

dano wrote:
A bead and body of flashy dubing works equally as well and quicker to tie.

doesn't sell propritary blends, fancy materials, or let you put a name to it to impress your friends. the various commercial grade tiers frequenting certain internet places have no interest in what you're suggesting, regardless of how right it is.

It think they look sweet! Fishy to me!
Question to Leteras, what diameter is preference with Jelly Rope?

"No jdaddy your wrong with that one there is plenty of bend left to hold a fish. I don't like taking it any shorter. Either way will work. Its basically a preference. I'm sure the ones you tie shorter catch fish."

I am glad that you have seen the light and changed your position on taking the material way down past the bend of the hook. It should be noted that I was right on a few other matters this weekend. I am running goot.

jdaddy wrote:
It should be noted that I was right on a few other matters this weekend. I am running goot.

Degenerate Captain of the Starship Stupid.

Speaking of which, I will pay Letaras' gas for his transportation to the Letort Challenge.

jdaddy wrote:
"No jdaddy your wrong with that one there is plenty of bend left to hold a fish. I don't like taking it any shorter. Either way will work. Its basically a preference. I'm sure the ones you tie shorter catch fish."

I am glad that you have seen the light and changed your position on taking the material way down past the bend of the hook. It should be noted that I was right on a few other matters this weekend. I am running goot.

Despite your attempt to hate on me to no end now, I noticed the exact same thing about the bend of the hook.

Also need to ask, would jelly rope make this fly float higher in column, knowing it's hollow? I understand bead helps get it down, but I'm concerned it won't get to strike zone!
Tks

jelly rope is solid..........

Leteras... Great looking flies

Can you please post up a step by step on tying them flies?
Or even just the recipes would be very helpful for people who tie.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
jdaddy wrote:

Despite your attempt to hate on me to no end now, I noticed the exact same thing about the bend of the hook.

When I'm right, I'm right.

Just use clear jelly rope and color the strap ontop the back with a sharpy. Thats what i would do.

Back