Hot nymph this summer

odizz17

odizz17

Just thought I'd share a pattern that has been absolutely FIRE this summer... VERY easy tie as well. If anyone needs a recipe, just lemme know and I'll be happy to share. Just a slight variation of TPO's triple threat...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 3
Lmao Gfen! You got a link to show me how to do that???

I like the scud hooks, but really any hook you like. Original recipe calls for a quill body and wood duck tail. I used pheasant tail as the above link points out haha. Crystal flash and SM Copper wire rib, UV Rust (hareline) dubbing for the thorax, and a tung bead. I wrap some lead around the hook as well. Sinks like a rock.

Looks like a frenchie, nice fly though.

I'm noticing a pattern for when this "help" appears. ( and it's funny every time). :lol: Thanks for sharing Od

odizz17 wrote:
Lmao Gfen! You got a link to show me how to do that???

http://bit.ly/14Xx9zh

Yep, looks like a frenchie with some estaz

Here's two more that have treating me very well this summer. I've never seen a golden stone in any water that I've fished around the Harrisburg area, but it has been deadly. The slider has produced some quality bass out of the river/swatara creek, as well. Been doing a lot more tying than fishing lately, this needs to change ASAP!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 3
I want a recipe for that golden stone, wow does that look nice

Nymphs? Summer? It's topwater terrestrial time! :)

Lol I ran outta tan foam dude, no more hoppers until my girl drags me to Michael's haha. It's amazing what you can get at those craft stores...

Lvl2nymph - I come and go in spurts lol. Sometimes I need some insight, and like to give back what I can to the forum

Marv -
I tie the stones smaller than the naturals...
#8 Scud hook with a Black tung bead sized to the hook
Wrap the hook with lead to get that girl down
Half dozen moose body hairs split in half for the tails
Light Olive UV ice dub/Yellow ice dub mix for the body/thorax
2-3 sets of partridge palmered for the legs
SM purple wire
Mottled Bustard thin skin for the back. Then tie in another piece over the thorax

Here's a brown version as well. Tied in the wing case a little different on this one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 4
maybe its cause i aint been around in a while but has anyone noticed he has googly eyes glued to his vice

wgmiller wrote:
Nymphs? Summer? It's topwater terrestrial time! :)

Says the man who told me I need to fish small brookie streams with streamers...in late March/early April!

Yes... March/April = spring. June, July, August, early September = summer! :-D

Mwuhuh. I gotta fish w/ "lures" all freaking winter. Come late March, I'm seeing if those trout are lookin' up.

Just got some materials to tie those golden stones. Those look like they fish really well. Thanks for the pic and the material list.

Back