Hello

M

MiroSlovnik

Happy New Year! What is everyone tying up?

Miro

Happy New Year one and all. I just completed a large batch of PT Nymphs, in natural and olive and felt like something less involved. That led me to various colored sucker spawn, scrambled eggs, and blood dots.

Need to tie:

Olive & Black Conehead Buggers
Caddis Pupa-cream & olive
Caddis Emerger
BWO Nymph
BWO Dry
Crow & Foam Beetles

Also need to tye ouple of patterns for a trip to the Driftless Region in WI this coming spring too. I'm SURE as people start to chime in, I'll figure out more to add to the list LOL.

Tonight - some dry flys with wonder wings

or wing

Attachments

• caddis.jpg
    caddis.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 4
Two wonder wings

Attachments

• wonder wing.jpg
    wonder wing.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 3
Looks good Bruno.

I haven't tied a damn thing for a few months. Once this stupid separated shoulder gets better, I plan on filling my boxes. In that case, lots of pheasant tails, various colors of hairs ears, scuds, walt's worms, zebra midges, glo bugs, green weenies, ants, al's rats, and probably a few adams to get ready for early season hatches. I can't bring myself to tie for other hatches until the time arrives to get me in the mood.

well, I guess we know who'll be photographing the flies for the swap.

Looks great Bruno, nicely done! I need to add Zebra Midges, brassies and disco midges to my list. Probably some Adams variations too. Man I best get tying.

MiroSlovnik wrote:
Happy New Year! What is everyone tying up?

Miro

Hey ya old dog! Happy New Year! Nice to hear from you. Lemme know when you want to go get some Mexican food - I found a new place that has some awesome tacos. Take care Buddy......Ed

PS - Oh yeah: I'm tying Sulphurs next. :cool:

I've been working on a box for a benefit auction for my daughter's school. I've got some "show" pcs with giant stone fly nymphs and deer hair poppers, but the majority of the box is the standards...HEs, PTs, comparaduns, parachutes, wooly buggers, caddis, etc.

PS JayL...how'd you pop the shoulder? Tying can be good therapy!!!

Unlike most of the gents thus far I've been focusing on salt for bones in a couple weeks. Bonefish bitters, crazy charlies, gotchas and furry foam crabs. Hopefully I'll find some interested fish to eat my flies!

Mostly early season trout stuff - whipped up some stonefly nymphs last night. I'm also doing some bonefish and cuda flies as I'm thinking about attempting a "trout bum" budget trip to the Keys in March.
Studentof the stream:
Have some photos of your bonefish trip to share with us. There's too many trout/steelhead guys on this site - they need some motivation to try saltwater. :-D

Back