George Daniel's Czech Catnip

T

tctrout

For all of the PA guys that are familiar with George Daniel (though many have undoubtedly read his book "Dynamic Nymphing"), here's a version of his GD's Czech Catnip.

This fly is intended to be an anchor fly in Czech-style nymphing, and it definitely is heavy! I also vary the body color, as mentioned in the video. Hope you guys enjoy!

TC

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmuitHrfw5c[/youtube]

Very nice.

Looks good Tim. I saw this pattern in Dynamic Nymphing, and I assumed it was chartreuse and black when I saw it. Interesting that George Daniels ties it in olive. That Micro polar chinelle is a cool material. I ordered some for this pattern, and also ordered the scud grey to tie the one sow bug pattern that is also in George's book.

Thanks, guys. Jeremy, I was surprised, too, bc the pictures I have seen look chartreuse. The other funny thing is that some people call this the Czech Cat Nymph...whereas I actually just emailed George and he prefers Czech Catnip.

Either way, I prefer the chartreuse, though I probably should give the olive more of a chance. That scud grey color is nasty stuff that works great on Spring Creek (and most others that have a brown/grey scud population). Good luck with everything!

Tim

Back