Fly rod lures

C

charliebrown

Hello,I live in Pa.,so I guess this is where I belong.I finaly took some time to figure out how to post photos.The instructions I found didn't seem to be in my language.I live in Springboro,in N.W. Pa..I make lures of Balsa for the fly rod.If you like,I'll share some work with you.I made poppers for over twenty years,but in the last several years I've gone in other directions.I'll only post a few photos,to let you see some of what I do.I hope you enjoy.
Popper,hook Mustad size 4 - #33903
IMG_0962.jpg

Diving rattling perch,lip-circuit board,hook-Mustad ck74sss size 6,
rattle 3 mm glass.
IMG_3826.jpg

Body-1/4" x 1 1/8" treble hooks size - f.16 r.14
IMG_4051-Copy.jpg

Weedless Frogs- hooks,altered 2/0 Mustad #33903
IMG_1094.jpg

Rattlin weedless baitfish.
IMG_3575-Copy_zpsf80025f2.jpg

Prop,3/4" hook Gamakatsu 3/0 #230314
IMG_2025.jpg

Thank you for looking.
Charlie

very nice there charlie. would love to see a step x step on a few of them.

Hi Charlie. Welcome to PAFF. I'm familiar with your poppers. I've actually seen an article (maybe two?) on you in the Erie Daily Times. Also, I've seen your stuff for sale up there at the Ultimate Angler. Very well made. Glad to see you posting here.

Many years ago I got a hold of a boat load of balsa four different thicknesses and had been making balsa poppers then. Like those a lot. And welcome aboard.

Thanks for looking,and your comments.I can try to answer any questions,but a step by step would be more than I have time for right now.For now I'll try to contribute if I can.

Thank you,
Charlie

Back