Fly earrings

Patriots?

Beadhead2,
You may be on to a whole new realm of fly fishing accesseries, especially for women.
Look at the plus side: running out of fly box space, or just loose youy last parachute adams, well lucky you you have you lucky earring. Just pop one out and keep fishing.

This could tie in with the topic from a little while ago about weird fish catching method -- "I caught one on my earring once!"

There is a lot more money in jewelry than fly tying. That type of dry fly is used in trolling, at least when the women wear them.

I think you'd definitely better go barbless on those...

I bet there isn't a fly tying, married man who hasn't wondered (for at least one second) if could find a way to score points and tie flies at the same time...

It'd be cool if you slid the hook through the puncture hole as a non-dangly variation. Definately go barbless for these models.

t-joe
Yes they are Patriots
they are tied on regular earrings I just bent them to look like hooks
t-joe
I guess you did not see them Thurs nite at the meeting ? I had them with

beadhead2 wrote:
t-joe
Yes they are Patriots
they are tied on regular earrings I just bent them to look like hooks
t-joe
I guess you did not see them Thurs nite at the meeting ? I had them with

I caught a quick glance at the meeting but I need my reading glasses to see the detail. Nice work. I suspect you are the creative genius and Lou and Sandflea just steal the patterns?

They make a fish hook for tieing a brooch. Believe Orvis has them. First seen them about 1994. Salmon flies look good tied on them.

There's a guy in the Doc Fritchey chapter that ties them onto ear cuffs. The idea is that guys can wear them. It looks very Grateful Dead to me. I am far to square to wear them. I'd look like a NARC trying to go undercover.

If I wear any flies on my ears they are going to have to come naturally, on an errant backcast.

copy cat-Ive been tying earrings for years Henry..you saw the Magee in my ear at the show...man Lou was right your stealing his ideas again...lol... Also use a ring eyed hook they sit better for the wearer..mash the barb and put a spot of glue on the point..I add a sequin to the shank to give them a little flash.. :-D

sandflea
You are right I was jealous seeing your earring ,you looked sooooooooo cute !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to be just like you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Yea sure you were lookin at my earring, lol...lol

Back