Few Bass Flies

SBecker

SBecker

It takes me awhile to come to the bass side during the summer. I really enjoy doing it, but have been some what hesitant because I do not tie many streamers. I really got the itch to get out this weekend, so I was forced to hit the vice.

I tied two that have both been successful for me in the past when I floated with a buddy. The first is one that I named for him last summer called The Triple P or Packing Peanut Popper. Here is the link to tie it...Triple P

The other streamer that absolutely did damage on the Lehigh was called The Sculpin With No Name. Here is the step by step Sculpin

I added eyes to this pattern and covered the head in Clear Cure Glue.

We floated today and the SWNN produced again. About ten casts at the first run on the Lehigh it got slammed. I thought it was a nice smallie until I got it close and it was about a 15 inch brown. So, that pattern obviously works on trout to.

Hope you guys like them and add them to your warm water box.

Attachments

• Packing Peanut Popper.jpg
    Packing Peanut Popper.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Sculpin with no name.jpg
    Sculpin with no name.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 4
  • Front Sculpin.jpg
    Front Sculpin.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 6
I always liked how that popper looked...been meaning to tie a couple up. Somewhere along the way I lost all confidence in fishing topwater...this needs to change.

It really is a blast and what keeps me coming back to the smallmouth, Jay. I need to get some white foam and tie some up.

Did you have any sucess with crayfish?

So, I have been floating the Lehigh pretty often the last few weeks and have been experimenting with patterns. The guys over at Fly Fish Food really inspired me with their Cheech Leech. I went out and bought every color marabou I could find. I have really got into tying some streamers. I have an order into Arizona dubbing for some of the longer fibred dubbing, but untill it shows up I have to go with ice and UV dub. Hope you guys like.

Attachments

• Cheech Leech Brownie.jpg
    Cheech Leech Brownie.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Cheech Leech White.jpg
    Cheech Leech White.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Triple P and Cheech Leech Black.jpg
    Triple P and Cheech Leech Black.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Single Hook Streamers.jpg
    Single Hook Streamers.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 5
Nice looking creatures, Shane. Looks like a graduation party from a clown college. I would bet they catch some fish.

They look like trout flies to me , but bass don't discriminate

Back