Favorite Beatle pattern?

1hook

Was wondering what everyone's favorite Beatle pattern is. The one I tie is just peackock herl and a foam body. Does well enough but curious what everyone else ties.

16beatles_zps23bbc6bb.jpg

Micro uv polar chenille
black foam
orange foam for visibility

lv2nymph wrote:
Micro uv polar chenille
black foam
orange foam for visibility

Me too.

Favorite Beatle: George Harrison

Favorite beetle: same as yours but with a black deer hair body over peacock herl rather than the foam. Just my preference however.

Personally, I've always liked the opening Dm-F run for "I'll See You In My Dreams".

Favorite Beatle - Paul

Favorite Beetle - Crowe, with a peacock herl underbody - same as CLSports. Fragile fly - but the fish love it

Ringo

GREAT topic, and I'm unsure which Beatle/beetle to talk about first!

Um...I'm going 50/50 with John and Paul; John was brilliant, and Paul keeps rocking.

For the beetle, I prefer a deer hair over peacock, with fluoro antron as a sighter. The key to this pattern for me is ensuring that there is enough material to ensure the "thud" when it hits the water.

I've also seen a few split coffee beans superglued onto a hook...I'm not here to debate the appropriateness of the pattern, but it definitely represented the beetle and made a nice imprint on the water.

On a related note, I saw a post on the Fly Tying Forum regarding some neat legs for a beetle pattern, and I plan on tying a modified one and posting it on my YouTube channel. The link for the topic is:

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=79007

TC

Years ago, I fished terrestrials with a friend who had a beetle pattern that out fished anything I tried (crowe, foam, etc.). After buying a few rounds to loosen his lips, he reluctantly gave me the pattern. Body is peacock hurl with black hackle palmered front to back, with a wing case of sorts made from orange turkey biot. I tie it in sizes 14-18.

Nice, great ideas so far. Nice vid tc

Back