Coyote tying

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

This is my new favorite material to tie with. I had bought a coyote mask at a Pennsylvania Sport show for 5.00. You can find them on ebay for that or cheaper. You can get really great paterns from different areas of the mask.

I use the hair and the forehead for nymphs. The all white are just a basic streamer that is tied from the hair on the back of the mask and the outer edges.The orange/brown is the same patern with the center hair to the back of the mask. I tied a coyote clouser as well that looks to be deadly.

The material for dubbing on the nymphs i pull from the ears and forehead area.

I am really happy with these so far. Now i just have to get out and catch some trout with them.

Hope you all enjoy. PM me for details on pattern recipes.

Attachments

• coyoteedit.jpg
    coyoteedit.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 14
  • coyoteedit2.jpg
    coyoteedit2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 4
  • coyoteedit3.jpg
    coyoteedit3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 6
These flies are mainly for my personal box so they are not as "pretty" as if it were for a customer.

You scared me with all that flashy stuff :)
Coyote is a great material, and I'm sure those flys will have really nice movement in the water. The only problem with coyote mask is I can't use it when my wife is around. Too dog-like.

They will catch brookies browns and bows, and the fish are going to be big. You'll need 4x or 3x tippet.

ha ha i tie almost the same clouser pattern other than, i use grey on top, white fox on the bottom, and a 4x shank(stolen from a nick pionessa, the owner of the oak orchard flyshop, he calls it his better minnow), makes a sweet minnow imitation.

also thinkin on making a jig hook/meat whistle style variation as well.

Back