cdc

J

jrcll

has anyone ever used the marc petitjean tool clip set for tying with cdc ? just wondering if its worth the money

I haven't because there is no way I would spend the money for it. Seems way to 1 dementional for the price. Besides a whip finisher, hair stacker, bead tweezers, bobbin threader, and head cement squeeze bottle, I try not to buy unitaskers. :lol:

Funny question: I bought one the first time I saw it at Somerset NJ fly fishing show. I never used it but today I took out the CD and watched it. I went to try a fly but the football games came on and that was that.

I have a sulpher emerger i want to tie with CDC wrapped around a foam post, parachute style. It uses a curved scud type hook, antron shuck, etc.

I think his system will work very well for making the parachute wraps, and then trimming the CDC.

What impressed me at the time was the uniqueness of the flies. With all of us out there whipping the water to death it is nice to have something different to offer.

I will let you know how it works out, and post some photos.

MKern wrote:
I try not to buy unitaskers. :lol:

Yeah, I think we discussed this contraption before and it might not be a unitasker if you are still in college and partake in another expensive hobby...looks like it might roll a nice one! :cool:

MKern wrote:
I haven't because there is no way I would spend the money for it. Seems way to 1 dementional for the price. Besides a whip finisher, hair stacker, bead tweezers, bobbin threader, and head cement squeeze bottle, I try not to buy unitaskers. :lol:

I've been reading back issues of magazines and cleaning them out. In the last batch there was an article with a number of other uses for the tools. Don't remember which magazine, they went out in the trash Thursday.

I was just trying to make a joke about the other stupid things that I bought that do only have on job.
I like to have all the gizzmos. However, this is one I couldn't bring myself to buy. I just seems like you could make something similar or identical in 5 minutes and with 2 bucks. Afterall, it is just a clip.

I'm sure you coupld find a cheap vertion in the health and beauty section at walmart in with the hair clips. Probably in a wide range of sizes and colors for your fancy.

The thing you need to buy from Pettijean is the thread. While I have not tried, you need a thread that splits easily. I am on a trip, but when I get home I am going to fire that thing up. I will post the results and a review. And yes, I am enamored with gizmos also. I don't mind buying a product and supporting Pettijean. He did come up with a creative product, and that deserves it rewards.

JG

I brought the magic tools several years ago with a gift card at Christmas time. They have been in the top left drawer of my material chest since then, havent tied a fly with them yet.

Back