an interesting version of the trico.

I can think of far better uses for tiny hackle when a few strands of yarn will do the same job.

Speaking of tricos, isn't it about time someone breaks out the cluster bomb in one of these threads? It has yet to peek out of the groundhog hole.

gfen wrote:

Speaking of tricos, isn't it about time someone breaks out the cluster bomb in one of these threads? It has yet to peek out of the groundhog hole.

If I make it out this week I will toss the mass of stupidity a few times.

Cluster bomb. LMAO.

Gfen,
You see Corey around anymore? He had a nice cluster bomb pattern that killed em.

Also, traffic jam.

I like that sort of wing, but more sparsely tied. It reminds me of Datus Proper's trico, and he learned a lot from Marinaro, so the similarity is not surprising. As an aside, he also claimed that he only fished one size trico, and I think it was #18. He said it didn't matter, and he definitely put in some time on PA streams. I'm not confident enough to try it myself, but thought it interesting.
Mike.

Here is the traffic jam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNjk1z4EX6U

krayfish wrote:
You see Corey around anymore? He had a nice cluster bomb pattern that killed em.

No, not sure where he ran off to.

His used tinsel, making an even better example of how discerning these trout are in only eating precise mimicries of size 26 flies including showing a preference to gender of the fly.

Because, y'know, Corey's used tinsel. Its very natural, tinsel.

Looks like a first cousin to Al's trico, except Al's trico is tied backwards.

In my experience in the first half of July a whole lot of trico flies work great. By Labor Day, you need to show something they haven't seen yet which leaves room for all sorts of wings.

JeffK wrote:
In my experience in the first half of July a whole lot of trico flies work great. By Labor Day, you need to show something they haven't seen yet which leaves room for all sorts of wings.

Boy, truer words were never spoken! Hell, as early as they were this year, it might even happen by early August this year.

Back