2010 Hokendauqua TU Fly Tying Classes starting Jan. 9, 2010

Heritage-Angler

Heritage-Angler

The Hokendauqua Chapter of Trout Unlimited will be starting their annual fly tying classes on Saturday January 9, 2010 at 9:30 AM at the Northampton Middle School cafeteria.

This is an 8 week course, and the cost is $20 for adults, and $10 for students. Two patterns are taught every class, and the classes are 2 hours long each. All materials are supplied for the flies.

This class is extremely well run, and there is a high number of instructors to help the tyers. I've personally sat in on a few of these classes, and I have to say, they're the best I've ever seen! They use some pretty sophisticated video gear to ensure everyone has the perfect view of the instruction. It's like having a one on one lesson - no one gets left behind.

At $20 for 8 - two hour sessions, this is a great bargain, and one of the best opportunities for learning how to tie in the area.

Click HERE for more information.

Attachments

• HTUFTC.jpg
    HTUFTC.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 7
  • HTUFTC2.jpg
    HTUFTC2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 3
I just wanna give this a bump and 2nd H.A.'s recommendation. I attended this last year and have to say it was a really good time. They serve donuts and coffee each week for breakfast and hold weekly raffles for all kinds of good stuff.

Also if your an experienced tier and are looking for something to do one Saturday morning head on up they would be glad for your help and conversation. I am planning on going at least 1 week to lend a hand and give away some extra deer hair I have laying around.

Back