Trout Streams by Unionville

fitzgeraldb17

fitzgeraldb17

Since the Laurels preserve closed all fishing I am in a sticky situation. I don't have any where close to fly fish for trout. So I was wondering if anyone knows some trout streams near laurels or Unionville.

Just a question, was has fishing been closed down?

Being your in Chester, you don't have many options. Hopefully someone can help you out.

Sorry

I fished there two weeks ago and the manager was fine with it

Fitz: as long as you have a membership for the Laurels you should be fine fishing. If you referring to the waterfall spot back over the hill, that is private property. But there are some massive browns and bows in the stretch of water. You have to know the owners of the land to fish that stretch, but if you get access its a fun few hours. I am going to PM you with some information.

As most people on this forum send me hate mail for posting stream reports or such on streams in this area. Because they are worried about it getting over fished." The best part about that tho, is they will go to the same stream use the same flies I used and wont catch a single fish.

I think may be doing construction on the stream yet I thought the little stream was perfect the way it was. Also I do have a permit to fish laurels so I will try to get permission to fish on the private property.

Fitz- I personally know the owner of the land. I could speak with them to see what they say. It is put and take, but fly fisherman they arent worried about. Its a deep hole, I find them at the waterfall deep down. Above the waterfall as well, but its overgrown. They are all stocked by the property owner.

But if you would like to meetup sometime to talk about streams around our area please let me know. I will be going down to A marblehead on thursday if you wanted to meet up.

Back