SIXMILE RUN

salmo

salmo

I have never seen a report on Six Mile Run in Centre County. How does it fish in the late summer? Fished it several years ago in early May when Spring was blown out and id well. Actually ran into Charlie Meck an really enjoyed speaking with him. got him to give me some neat places to fish.

I haven't been there in the summer of this year. other years the water was too skinny for my tastes. However, water has been above average across centre county. This would be the summer to try it
Some else might be more help

It's a stocked stream with a decent population of wild fish. Great scenery, but not my favorite for fishing in the area because it gets a good amount of pressure from other anglers. Drove by it yesterday and flows are okay.

I grew up fishing Six Mile Run but have not fished it in quite a few years tho have driven over and by it fairly recently. It takes a lot of pressure early but that tapers off after the stocking ends. It's brushy most places so a short rod is advised. Given the amount of rain we've had, it's probably in much better shape this time of year than it might otherwise be. Terrestrials work well this time of year. There used to be several beaver dams on the stream but I imagine those have washed out and moved over the years. Note that it is a very "snakey" area with quite a few rattlesnakes. Watch where you put your hands and feet.

I second the snake caution starting in May and going to fall.

Back