Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Palm Beach and Broward Counties ... Sunny Fla

From Couldn't Care Less
Yea FI thanks and I figured that ... will give em a call. They'll give me the answers but the Canals are salt? I'm not planning on hitting the inter-coastal or surf .. just canals and/or lakes. Looking forward to heading out.

Posted on: 12/13 13:05

From Gettysburg
I'm not sure about the canals. In most states, if an area is subject to tides, it's a salt situation. It may not matter as the license may cover both. GG could probably clarify this or hit the FL site for sure.

Posted on: 12/13 13:32

From Lewisberry, PA
There is a Bass Pro in Ft. Lauderdale with a fly shop in it. The guys working down there are real helpful and will help you out with fly selection and maybe give you some pointers on where to go.

I went down last June but never got a chance to go out with the fly rod. My fiance did catch a tarpon and a snook on spin gear in the 10,000 Island area though. The area we were in was way to tight to try and use a fly rod. You could barely stand up in the boat.

Posted on: 12/17 9:30

From Pine Grove
You need a license for salt and fresh in Fla, and I'm pretty sure they are separate fees. The good thing is if you call 1-800-fishflorida(which, if you do the math, has more digits than a normal phone number, but still works), they will give you a number to use until they mail your stuff to you, which always came after we got home. I've been checked by FWC more in a season than I've been checked in PA and NY combined in 25 years. I'd just hand them my scrap of paper, usually a gas receipt that was laying in my car when I pulled in to fish and realized I forgot to get my license, they'd run the number and I'd be on my way.

Boyer

Posted on: 12/19 14:36

From Pine Grove
Oops, it's 888-fishflorida!

Boyer

Posted on: 12/19 17:44

From florida
Quote:

Fishidiot wrote:
I'm not sure about the canals. In most states, if an area is subject to tides, it's a salt situation. It may not matter as the license may cover both. GG could probably clarify this or hit the FL site for sure.

Problem is the estuary and the canal,salt/fresh. Probably need both licenses to be safe/legal. The FWC site might be of some help. GG

Posted on: 12/20 23:37

From Couldn't Care Less
Bass and crappies and I didn't even have to venture far. Have gone out a bunch of times for an hr or 2 just in both parents communities ... lakes and canals in the communities holding as I saw some action on the lakes on my 1st day (AM run). Had a cool day on Friday as my nephew who has serious sensory issues and sharty parents had a ton of fun watching me land fish. Even got him on the rod but didn't work out too well.

Posted on: 12/30 9:42

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com