Lackawanna River

FlyGuyFromPa

FlyGuyFromPa

Does anyone here fish the Lackawanna River? near Scranton? The guy that taught me to fly fish has been very generous with his knowledge, and fishes all year. I'd love to meet some of you on the stream. I've been "lurking" around this forum for months, and everyone seems pretty cool. I learned early this spring, and man oh man that bug bite still hasn't gone away.

FlyGuy

I'm in Carbondale and my friend, brother and I frequently fish the Lack.
We were recently fishing in Archbald with the Heritage Angler and Foxgap239.
Also, GathyG, is from Browndale and frequently hit the Lackawanna River.
There are some dandy fish in that body of water.

I live right by where the Heritage Trail starts in the Archbald. I fished that section pretty heavy this spring and came up short. I was very new to fly fishing at the time. I caught a few smaller ones, but so it's been a better Winter spot than Spring. I'm always up for a good day of fishing. If you ever venture out this way and don't mind some company shoot me a pm and I'll gear up, pending my schedule lightens up. I don't have what some would call "proper" equipment, so I can't really hit the deep pools well. I have a 4 year old pair of hip boots that I wear. That green stuff people use to buy things is very sparse in my house and has been for a few years. I only wish I got involved in this sport when I was working. My job closing it's doors forever really hurt me.

Back