Fishing state college area

I

IdratherbePhishing

Will be staying at seven mountains and fishing spring possibly Thursday. Anyone know of a good bar with nfl network so I can catch the game? Thanks

Choices for bars in State College are virtually endless. But couldn't say which will have the Eagles on. I'd suggest "most" of them.

Sports Bars that will definitely have it:

Champs. Usually a bit overcrowded for my tastes during sporting events. Food is good but not great, menu is huge.

Damon's will also certainly have it. The downstairs has large TV's for walls, and basically every sporting event known to man is on one of them. Near the stadium. Typical chain restaurant food.

Arena will also have it. It's a sports bar attached to the bowling alley on the N. Atherton side of town, not far from Champs.

Standard bars, not sports bars, that have TV's and will probably have it (not including downtown bars).

American AleHouse and Grill is one of my favorite bars. It has TV's in the bar area but no idea what they'll have on. I'd assume they would. Local type place out of the hustle and bustle, with a bit of class, great burgers, and good beer.

Otto's. Brewery on N. Atherton nearly all the way to the bypass. Light on TV's, but there are TV's in the bar. At least there used to be. Great beer, good food.

I'd guess that your chain/steakhouse type places would have it too in their bar areas. Texas Roadhouse, Outback, Applebees. Nicer, sit down pizza places as well. Faccia Luna is the best pizza in town, don't remember how they fair for TV's. Home Delivery Pizza Pub is actually a sports bar type scene and will have it, and there's one in SC as well as Bellefonte.

Downtown (remember that Thursday night is a college drinking night, so crowds and parking issues).

The Sports Cafe, Pickles, and other bars will probably have it on downtown, if you like that kind of scene (Thursday night is a drinking night in a college town). If you're gonna go downtown, I'd probably pick Pickles.

And RIGHT by 7 mountains you have that little bar, Brownies I think it's called. They have TV's I think. It's a dive bar for sure, but they have beer and it's only like a mile from the campground.

And if you don't want to go the whole way to State College, you can probably find something in Boalsburg. Duffy's Tavern. Kelly's (the one with the cow on the roof). They probably have TV's at the bar, I know Kelly's does. Other than Brownies, those are probably your closest options. It's still almost into town, but on the right side of town if you know what I mean.

He's not welcome in Brownies.

The End Zone just north of the stadium. I believe they have 2 stages.

Krayfish is spot on

Was already in brownies def a dive bar(which I don't mind) but they're not gonna have nfl network. Would prefer to stay as far away from downtown as possible. Thanks for the replies

Endzone or Champs

They have TV's in the endzone? Never noticed. :-D

Kelly's- over priced and a bit upscale for a fisherman. If you must venture towards SC I recommend home delivery pizza pub on rt322. its across from hills plaza and next to the new sheetz. Far away from downtown, good food, good prices. They just remodeled adding a brewpub area

My favorite bar is called the Wilderness. It will have the games. It is at the very beginning of Honey Creek. Awesome food there as well. If your going to fish Penn's it is only a few miles from there as the crow flys

I stayed at Seven Mountains Campground. I hope you are really far from 322 because when the semi's come rolling down the mountain they Jake Brake and it sounds like thr whole rig is coming into your tent. We were pretty tired and oiled up so most of us slept through it. Send me a pm and let me know how you made out.

Back