Codorus update?

sipe

sipe

Next weekend I'll be introducing a new flyfisher to the sport and will likely head to codorus. I haven't been since January and got skunked. Last summer I was having a blast catching on generic nymphs, pink worms, etc. has anyone been there lately? I'll be near the sawmill. Thanks!

I fished it for a few hours Sunday evening. I caught a few fish, but it was tough. Recent storms/high water have changed the stream a fair amount this spring as far as I can tell, especially from the saw mill upstream. I saw a few bugs but nothing to get excited about. Fair number of midges but didn't see any fish rise while I was there. A lot of flow but good color.

I only live about 10 minutes from there. Fished it on May 11th. Caught 5 small wild browns on beadhead pheasant tails. Been hoping sulphers would start soon but nothing yet. Firstcap is right, the rain so far this year done a good number on changing the stream some. I checked it around 2pm today and water was clearing nicely and dropping.

I'll hope for no rain and lower flows. Thanks for the advice.

Calling for storms.....Hopefully they will pass us by

Sipe,

Although I love Codorus, it may be a bit tough for beginner. As you know, there is not a lot of casting room. This could get frustrating for someone just starting out. I would recommend maybe the Breeches. There are lots of fish and if we get the rain they are calling for, you can still fish the run. Once your friend is a bit more comfortable with the fly rod, then bring him to Codorus.

Back