Bushkill

daman1277

daman1277

Well hit Bushkill today with docsab and another friend. Well what a day we had. Every other cast was a strike. Between the 3 of us we had a trifecta of trout. We all landed rainbows. Doc and my friend landed fiesty brown trout. Doc got his first dry fly fish and boy was it acrobatic. I had a moster brook trout 17 inches. The brookie even had a hook jaw. Will post pictures later. Between the three of us had 11 or 12 fish to hand and several long releases.

Just curious... The one in Easton, or the one in Bushkill? I just left the one in Bushkill and it was quite full from all the rain.

Easton by Palmer Park Mall

The brook trout was every bit of 3lbs and had a hook jaw.

Pics

Attachments

• 20130526_122424-1-1-1.jpg
    20130526_122424-1-1-1.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 11
Were you fishing sulphurs again?

No a caddis crunch nymph

Nice job, I like fishing that stream. Have fished it for a long time. One of my favorite spots is to park across the st. from the Easton Iron Co. Cross the wooden bridge fish down and upstream from there. Have caught some really nice fish there.

GenCon

GenCon wrote:
Cross the wooden bridge fish down and upstream from there. Have caught some really nice fish there.

GenCon

Gen Con, they installed another fence to keep people off that bridge.
Now you have to park at the 13th st lot and walk down the blacktop path to get to that spot.

You mean they added a new another fence? last time I was there maybe 5-6 weeks ago. You could walk around the fence.

GenCon

GenCon wrote:
You mean they added a new another fence? last time I was there maybe 5-6 weeks ago. You could walk around the fence.

GenCon

It looks like a new fence.

Is the Bushkill a limestone creek?

Stagger, yes it is. Great trico hatch as well.
Alway hit it a few times during trico hatch.

GenCon

Yes, one of PA's larger ones. At least from Tatamy down. Up above it's more of a freestone stream. Cement quarrying in the area has caused "issues" over the years from sediment going down Shoeneck CK to sinkholes to the stream drying out a couple of years ago.

Some of the best areas are in a industrial or post-industrial urban section of Easton. As a result many people wouldn't fish there because of the aesthetics. However, plenty of wild browns and lately the trail through there has made it much more civilized.

I wonder about the C & R area, last couple of times I was there, I didn't even see a fish.

Back