Sucking it Dry

M

melvinp

Well third location of water sucking being attempted on the tunkhannock creek,This one located in nicholson(wyoming county)PA.How many gallons of water can they pump under ground never to be seen again,Well i can tell you from seeing it first hand that its hard to even believe.I wish someone important that wasnt stuffing his pockets would a least take a look.Or even better buy water off of land owners with ponds on there property.God forbib that they would have to pay john Q public. Please superman help our water ways.

Can you provide more details of what you saw?

DEWATERING is going to be the biggest problem we have faced so far. With summer coming and levels dropping , KEEP YOUR EYES n EARS OPEN and.....................MAKE THE PHONE CALL!!!!! or the MF'Rs WILL suck it dry , they don't care and they didn't figure on a drought so it's up to US. REPORT THEM!...........REPORT THEM!!........REPORT THEM!!!

Agree with Troutbert.

If you suspect something damaging is going on, get details, and give them out! Otherwise its just a meaningless rant.

How many trucks? How long were they there? What stream, and what part of the stream did it come from? What was the flow rate at the time? How much did the flow drop?

Most of the permits state how much water the company is allowed to take, and what the flows have to be in order for them to do it. If they're violating that (and I'm sure they do), then give details so it can be investigated and stopped. If they're not violating it, but the results are damaging nonetheless, we can document that and push for tighter restrictions. If everything is proper, and the stream not damaged, then your just ranting and there's no substance to it.

Im going to get better info for those interested,I kind of hard to judge truck traffic during the winter but i will to get some real numbers some how,I will also get more detailed locationsThis would be a great place for a water management station.

I need to find how much water each location is permited to remove,Can anyone tell me were to look,The third location is not running yet it is only in the permit stage,The boro of nicholson is kind of fighting it due to truck traffic.This really sucks i know the person trying to open the station and have a good friend that had to get his tanker liecense so he can feed his kids.these people are just trying to make a living but at what cost.

melvinp wrote:
I need to find how much water each location is permited to remove,Can anyone tell me were to look,The third location is not running yet it is only in the permit stage,The boro of nicholson is kind of fighting it due to truck traffic.This really sucks i know the person trying to open the station and have a good friend that had to get his tanker liecense so he can feed his kids.these people are just trying to make a living but at what cost.

http://www.srbc.net/downloads/ApprovedSourceList.pdf

I was under the impression that all ATW is off limits , but if they can sneak they will , if a driver is told to do something not "kosher" they will do it 'cause it's their job and they have mouths to feed , can't lay the blame on them , it's the guy who gave the order we want. Put his azz in JAIL.

Wyoming County Examiner,Nicholson residents vent.Land onwer wants to install a 510,000 gallon a day water withdrawal site,This is # 2 on the north branch branch of the tunkhannock creek and a thrid at the the combining of the north and south branchs.,The thrid is the biggest from what you can see from the road.510.000 is about is about 10% of the water that flows by the property.THIS IS X3 or more.I have fished this area my hole life and have seen water levls be pretty low at times and what about freash water to the bay.I can see 1,530,000 gallons of water a day disapearing for ever.

Back in the paper,#4 water removal site and removal of water level gauge on the tunkhannock creek,Your not doing anything wrong if it cant be proven.

THIS hits close to home. A few years back i was offered a proposal by a local Dairy to take water from a spring on my property to bottle it into spring water the PFBC denied me. It is on ATW and i was told ATW's are off limits for this kind of thing now i hear this. It's not ok for me to take drinking water , but it's ok for the drillers to poison it?

Just pay your taxs and die.

you got it osprey! same thing about camping in state forest land. not allowed to put your tent within so many feet of a stream, road, stump, rock, etc. have to have permit to stay more than one nite. which is all fine and good, I have no problem with that. but then they will issue a permit to a drilling company and the area you wanted to pitch a tent in for a nite will be completely destroyed to put in a well pad. yep, glad I took the time to keep away from the stream, reduce my impact, take out any litter, and basically leave no trace. I left the area in great condition to be bulldozed!!LOL!
just sayin...

They have to be reminded that it's our land too , this new Gov thinks he owns the place.

he could probably buy it all with all the money he's making off the gas companies.

Not just the gov, A bank wants to put in the fourth water station.

I posted it before and everyone called me conspiracy theorist. But it is very possible that the discontinuation of the USGS stream flow monitors has something to do with these gas companies. just like melvin said, "you're not doing anything wrong if it can't be proven."

Hammerhead81 wrote:
I posted it before and everyone called me conspiracy theorist. But it is very possible that the discontinuation of the USGS stream flow monitors has something to do with these gas companies. just like melvin said, "you're not doing anything wrong if it can't be proven."

I don't think so. The gauge funding has been an issue for a few years. A couple years ago some gauges were dropped and others found funding from state/local agencies. Also the gauge funding is not a Pennsylvania or MS only issue. It is nationwide.

osprey wrote:
I was under the impression that all ATW is off limits , but if they can sneak they will , if a driver is told to do something not "kosher" they will do it 'cause it's their job and they have mouths to feed , can't lay the blame on them , it's the guy who gave the order we want. Put his azz in JAIL.

I would speculate that ATWs are less likely to be off limits to this compared to trout streams that are not stocked.

And as a response to the OP, the standard mineral rights lease that I saw stipulates that the drilling company can take water from the leased property. i don't remember the exact words, and I don't have a copy available. For those of you intending to sign a lease and also have ponds and wells, you need to be aware of that. You can change that clause to your liking before you sign.

Hammerhead.......you may be right!!! The Marcellus shale has been evident to the gas companies for a long time , don't believe that the dissapearance of the gauges has NOTHING to do with IT. In the 70's the gas companies did extensive exploration in this area and the plan has been put together ever since. How hard would it be to make it LOOK like a funding issue , in THESE times? I personally don't trust "THEM" Call me a Conspiracy Theorist , i don't care. Instead of a Blindfolded Fly Tying Contest , i could show the folks how to set up a production line to make tire jacks at the Jam. lol "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE"

Back