fly fishing tournaments

marcq

marcq

does anyone know of any fly fishing tournaments that are held around pa. or would anyone be interested in being in a local tournament.

There's the "On the Fly" Tourny. $400 to enter.

a little to much for me i was thinking of something like 25 bucks and about 25 anglers.

$400 is a lot for only being allowed to fish one fly. Loose it and it's over.

If it's any consilation, it's only $1600 for a team of four --- oh wait...

Well, there is the Jam...I bet there might be 30 to 40 of us, its free and the winner gets nothing. All day's judging is done arouse the campfire.

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/content/index.php?id=25

Marq,
There was a big youth FFing tournament last fall on Spring Creek that generated considerable interest - that would be interest in the impact rather than participation. Of course, there are small local fishing club contests for big fish and such that typically run for the season with modest if any prizes.
Personally, I'm neutral on the issue of FFing tournaments but have no desire to participate in one. Just not for me.

Why would we want our pastime to go in that direction? I don't even want to imagine what could happen. Love this pursuit to the point of religion and don't want to go that way. A little friendly competition between friends is good but i hope the organized tournaments all get rained out.........and lightning.

I agree osprey. I'm not wishing any lightning strikes on the combatants, but feel that tournaments are bad for fly fishing. I will be sure to teach my children that something can be fun without being fast paced and pressure packed.

Good for you JayL , nice to know there are young folks we can count on to furthur a few ideas. Thanks.

Tom, just gently remove the hook and release me.GG :lol:
tomgamber wrote:
Well, there is the Jam...I bet there might be 30 to 40 of us, its free and the winner gets nothing. All day's judging is done arouse the campfire.

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/content/index.php?id=25

Back