New

smallie

smallie

Just saying hi. I am new to fly fishing, been reading the last couple of months about it. Found this site while I was searching fly fishing. Hope to learn from here.

Welcome smallie. There are a lot of beginners here on the PAFF forum although this particular Beginner's Forum is new. Take some time to check out what folks have been talking about and feel free to ask questions.
Tight Lines,
DaveW

Welcome Smallie! This is a great site and a wealth of knowlage. I know the members here have helped me a lot. Enjoy!

Welcome :-D About time someone on here scooped up that scream name :pint:

Welcome aboard smallie , you'll like it here , buncha great folks and lots of great info.

Thanks for the welcome. I have never held a fly rod, but that's about to change. I am sure there will be lots of ?. I was going to buy online, but I think my local fly shop (volant) might serve me better in the long run.

Welcome!! A good fly shop will let you try different rod,reel and line combinations so you can find a combo that is right for you.

Then you will be bitten by the fly fishing bug and you will have to start tying your own flies.

You'll love it. It's a great sport!!

You are in the right place for sure! The folks on this site really know their stuff, and are very helpful and friendly. Fly fishing is an incredible hobby, I have only been doing it for a few years now but it is something I became obsessed with almost from the first time I picked up a rod. Good luck and I hope you enjoy yourself!

Welcome smallie.

The only way to learn is to ask.
Ask away i do.

About the fly pole, do you ever buy a car without a test drive ?
I would want to hold the pole and swing it, at least, before i purchased it.

Back