gander mtn is nutzzzz.....

U

UraFish

I was at gander mtn today.... i see that they want 1.99 for the same flies FlyStop has for .65...... has anyone ordered flies from flystop? whats the quality like? gander mtn flies dont even look good? any other reasonable websites to get flies/gear? thnx

If I buy flies, which I rarely do, they're from flystop. They are all pretty good looking and good quality for their price. Don't hesitate to order from them, great service as well.

Wow, I can totally agree that Gander is ridiculous. I went there last week expecting to pick up some quick supplies before heading to the water, but their prices were just outrageous! I sucked it up and got a few anyhow because I didn't have any others (brand new fisherman).

Got to the stream and looked a little closer. The hooks were all rusted and old Those flies they are selling at the harrisburg location are a travesty

I cant deny any of that except you will always pay more for something in hand than placing an order and waiting for it.

Gander Mountain is high but has some awesome sales.
Check the discount boxes.
20 cents for $3.95 lures-Oh yeah.

They are flyshop quality flies. In fact, some shops sells the same flies.

Kev

I've purchased a few flies from Flystop and have never been disappointed.

John

I love Gander's clearance racks. I picked up a bunch of bug/SPF spray for a dollar each, as well as a few books, and some cooking material. I was simply disappointed with the local store's fly section. The flies are fairly mixed together, few are labeled, and some are rusted and quite old. It's clear that they don't make that a priority in their store.

Other gear I have purchased from them (waders, clothing, leader, etc.) has been wonderful

Yea.... I do a lot of shopping at gander too..... but I won't be buying flies there haha

Back