Brook trout brown trout and rainbow.

C

Cory878

i know it depends on the hatch but what fly would you say is the best for Browns brooks and rainbows around july

They all will hit the same flies. It's more of a proper presentation than fly selection thing.

Terrestrial insects are ideal for top-water action in the Summer and smaller nymphs are more the norm for subsurface fishing in July.

ants, beetles, adams, stimulators-Top

Hars Ear, Pheasant Tails, Walts worms- Bottom

Also Green Weenies, SJ Worms- Junk

Cory,
I don't think there's any one particular fly that stands out as best for any of the trout species in summer. I'll second the aformentioned posters who recommended terrestrials ("terrestrials" means land-based insects like ants or crickets etc).
I would suggest in the summer that you try a crayfish fly once and awhile. Trout eat a bunch of crayfish in summer but surprisingly few fly fishermen try crayfish flies (a Wooly Bugger would actually do the job fine).

Yeah, I streamer fish 80 (plus) percent of the time, yet always fail to mention them when people ask questions like this. lol

Size 6 or 8 stimulator type sans tail,greased and fished from dusk to dawn.
Color not important.
Skated across the surface or
size 6 leech fur streamer fished at nite-in the East on the shallower,milder rivers the skating downwing would be a blast.Just don't be scared by the beaver tailslaps.

A small bead head pheasant tail will work almost anywhere, anytime. I would venture to say that pheasant tails have caught more trout then any other imitation. If you want to fish the top, fish really like adams and royal wulffs for some reason. As mentioned earlier in this thread, green weenies can catch trout anywhere too, most of the time.

Zug Bugs have been a pretty good producer as well from time to time

Brown trout are the hardiest of the trout species. Brook Trout, a very prolific fish. Brook trout, Brown trout and Rainbow trout frequent our local waters. Stocking your pond with Brook, Rainbow or Brown Trout is preferred when the water is cooler. Maine fishing has Rainbow, Brown, and Brook trout.

dominicleckie wrote:
Brown trout are the hardiest of the trout species. Brook Trout, a very prolific fish. Brook trout, Brown trout and Rainbow trout frequent our local waters. Stocking your pond with Brook, Rainbow or Brown Trout is preferred when the water is cooler. Maine fishing has Rainbow, Brown, and Brook trout.

Is this real
????

jdaddy wrote:
dominicleckie wrote:

Is this real
????

Very. After all, it's on the interwebs. Amirite? ;-)

Boyer

MKern wrote:
They all will hit the same flies.

That's right. It's a matter of finding the right fly for the conditions.

Species of trout has very little to do with it.

jdaddy wrote:
dominicleckie wrote:

Is this real
????

Yes.

And I'm serious. That's exactly what it is.

jayL wrote:
jdaddy wrote:
dominicleckie wrote:

Is this real
????

Yes.

And I'm serious. That's exactly what it is.

For the purpose of the signature line?

Back