bass around cabelas or bass pro?

nealfish

nealfish

a good friends birthday is coming up, and he has decided to take me and a spin fisherman either to bass pro or cabelas for the day. we hatched the idea of taking our new gear and trying for some WW in those areas. any river or lake suggestions? one of us is spin fishing only, and we will all have spin gear, although wether or not it is used depends entirely on how the bite is!

The Skuke is a decent smallmouth fishery. For sure from Hamburg south to Reading, not sure about north.

The Little Skuke has a nice smallie population. From the Delayed Harvest section down to the confluence with the Skuke.

Good options above if you end up at Cabelas. Susquehanna River, Swatara Creek, or Conodoguinet Creek if you go to BPS.

Spent a little time this summer fishing the Little Skuke for SMB. I caught a decent amount of fish (mostly small 8-10") but had a lot of fun. There is plenty of more area to explore for me as I only hit a few areas due to time constraints.

Here is my nicest bass this summer from the L. Skuke.

Attachments

• L Skuke SMB.jpg
    L Skuke SMB.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 4
nice one! i most likely won't be able to get up there anymore, but my friends are still planning

Not sure what area of Bucks you're from, but I am up there often.

Back