Tulpehocken Creek Clean Up - March 12th @ 9:00 AM

jdaddy

jdaddy

The Tulpehocken Chapter Trout Unlimited will be doing a stream clean up March 12th at 9:00 AM. We will be meeting at the Paper Mill Parking Lot. Join fellow fishermen and women for an hour or two of stream side cleanup. All you will need is a pair of work gloves to join the fun. We will be focusing our efforts in the delayed harvest section of the Tulpehocken. Snow date is March 26th. Please email or PM me with any questions.

View Larger Map

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 22
Will there be anything hatching that early? Four and a half hours for me. I attended one of these closer to home. Had our "beat" cleaned thoroughly within 3-4 hours and were catching fish (perhaps) the rest of the day. It was more like mid-April.

Good luck. Few things are more important for landowner relations than clean-ups. You get seen also by a lot of other folks in the community, streamside owners or not. It casts anglers in a better light.

Jack,

Little black stoneflies are pretty consistent in March but not a lot of risers unless it is really low, which is rarely is in March. While I would love to see you there, you would likely be better off working on one of the local clean up days. In a conservation thread Dave Kile requested that all the clean ups be posted here, then he is going to create a master thread. I am sure there will be a lot of them in your area.

Fortunately, the Tulpehocken Creek below the dam is 100% bordered on both sides by Berks County Park property, so landowner relations really don't come into play. With the financial stresses on the parks system I am sure they appreciate the help.

Probably be there too.

On a side note, Jonna and I saw little black stone flies last week when the sun was out. They were a few on the snow banks.

More then likely I will be able to lend a hand. Will know sooner, once we get closer to the date.

Tsar of the Tulpehocken - If my work schedule allows me to, I'd like to help out. I'll let you know when the date gets closer.

bump

Crap, good bump...won't be able to make it.

All the trash may be gone after this flooding blows it out!

Jeff and I will be there.

Troy

How long will you be there? I have practice until around 10, but I'll come over after if you will still be there.

I am not sure how long it will take. Probably two - three hours. Look for a green camry with TU tags and a fat guy along the stream from red bridge up to stilling basin.

familial obligations plus i assume this is all under water anyways means i;m unable to attend and going to assume unpossible to help anyways.

jdaddy wrote:
I am not sure how long it will take. Probably two - three hours. Look for a green camry with TU tags and a fat guy along the stream from red bridge up to stilling basin.

Will do. Anybody fishing after?

zenherper wrote:
jdaddy wrote:

Will do. Anybody fishing after?

Confirmed with Corp that they will be opening the gates and releasing 2,000 CFS as soon as Schuylkill is below flood stage, which should be in early in the morning. Probably will not be fishable but if it is I am sure I will be in there somewhere.

How did it go?

LRSABecker wrote:
How did it go?

From what I could tell, there seemed to be a pretty good turn out. A good bit of trash was removed.

Good job guys! Wish I could have made it down.

I wanted send you a quick note of appreciation for helping the Tulpehocken Chapter, Trout Unlimited in its Tully stream clean up. It was nice seeing so many individuals turn out for this great event that benefits all that enjoy the outdoors. We are truly fortunate to have you on our team.

Here are a few stats from the day:

Youngest helper: Age 4

Oldest helper: Age 82

…and we had everyone in between.

28 tires removed

39 bags of trash

and 1 very heavy hot water heater!

The attached photo is the first load. The trailer is full of tires and the truck bed full of bags of trash.

Attachments

• 100_0888 (Large).jpg
    100_0888 (Large).jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 4
Back