Thank you trout48

FlyGuyFromPa

FlyGuyFromPa

Just like to say thank you to Nick aka trout48 for meeting up with me today and gifting me a pair of waders. Now all I need is a good pair of wading boots, and a patch to fix the leaks and I'm good to go! Thank you Nick!

Try Sportsmans warehouse or Sierrra Trading for boots. Or locally there is a sportsmans liquidator by the Walmart in Pittston.

Sometimes you can find a good deal on some lightly used flyfishing equipment on Craigslist. Just research the item before you buy so you know what a reasonable price would be.

shoe size?

Thank you for the great info. I've been to that place by Wal Mart in Pittston, but that was prior to learning how to fly fish and I wouldn't have known a good deal if it bit me in the arse. Craigslist is kind of sparse, but there is an occasional deal to be had. As far as shoe size, I'm not sure. I wear an 11, and tried on my Nike shoes (not to wade, just to check) and they were a smudge too small. Should I go with a 12, or 13?

Depends on the boot. I wear a 10 in street shoes bought a pair of 11 and in colder temps they just dont allow enough room to stay warm so the new ones are a 12. I like the korkers brand as you can change the soles depending on what type of area you are fishing. Personally I'm not a big fan of felt but to each his own. You can buy brand new Korker boots for about $100.

A friend of mine let me use his felts to fish one day and I fell in love with them. If possible, I'd like to get a pair of them for $50 or less. If not I'll have to wait a little while before I can make that happen.

A friend of mine let me use his felts to fish one day and I fell in love with them. If possible, I'd like to get a pair of them for $50 or less. If not I'll have to wait a little while before I can make that happen.

Back