Great program last night by Western Pocono TU

R

RyanR

I had the opportunity to attend my very first Western Pocono TU meeting last night and what a great evening it was. One of their members took it upon himself to organize a program with 5 of the Land Conservancies and Trusts working in the Poconos area. The program aimed to introduce these groups and to give the public a better understanding of what they do. It was a full room, including a local TV cameraman and several newspaper reporters as well as staff from at least one local legislator's office (they were all invited.) The programs was a success and the refreshments were excellent as well! I even learned of some newly opened places to put on my list to explore. I look forward to attending more of this chapter's events and I felt they deserved some recognition here.

RyanR wrote:
I look forward to attending more of this chapter's events and I felt they deserved some recognition here.

I'd say you're right (bump)!

Folks who haven't done so...owe it to themselves to check out their local TU meetings. There's often a wealth of local knowledge on streams, land ownership, conservation initiatives and pollution threats. There are some things you can't find or learn on the internet.....but you can still do it the old school way: network face to face with folks in the know. TU meetings are a very good place to start.

Back